Bean Town Poker Solid Cali Cash Pr0n! (2 Viewers)

LOL I mean that label couldn't be any more perfect for the set even though I don't live in Boston :tup:

Just put up the last of the pr0n that I will be taking! My light staging box came in so I decided to try it out. Wish I ordered a bigger one, but they get pretty expensive. Overall I think it works well and it'll definitely be a good edition for when I'll be selling chips. Takes very nice clean photos that shows the edges and condition very well. Huge shout out to @One Eyed Dollar and his racker stackers! Made stacking the chips sop much faster.

New pr0n of my updated set is posted. For anyone curious as to why I am a dummy... If you're eye was sharp you will have noticed from my new photos that I now have two set of Rabbit Hunts and no sets of Show'Ems lol. The pink chips were supposed to be the latter but I ordered the wrong labels and I also finished labeling and took photos before realizing the horrible mistake I made. Oh well! Go check out the new 50 cent chips, they look awesome in the lineup!
Updated set with fifty cent chips (2).JPG

Just gave these beauties some chip by chip love and affection. Nice compression oiling. Some of the chips had very rough scratched up looking faces, and now they look fantastic! Need Covid19 to go away! My inner host can hardly contain himself anymore lol.
20200331_010336.jpg

These are probably my favorite set on here. I love the way the colors just glow and a lot of elegance in the simplicity.

These are inspiring me to put together a tournament set I'm piecing together slowly over time. Currently I've got the right amounts of Blurple, Magenta and Indian Blue but I've got my eye out on other solids with that kind of feel.

If you don't mind me asking how you went about and how long it took to put together so many of some of the really hard to find THC solids?

Any alternatives you considered for the colors or the inlay or things you wished after the fact you'd done differently?

These are probably my favorite set on here. I love the way the colors just glow and a lot of elegance in the simplicity.

These are inspiring me to put together a tournament set I'm piecing together slowly over time. Currently I've got the right amounts of Blurple, Magenta and Indian Blue but I've got my eye out on other solids with that kind of feel.

If you don't mind me asking how you went about and how long it took to put together so many of some of the really hard to find THC solids?

Any alternatives you considered for the colors or the inlay or things you wished after the fact you'd done differently?
Wow that is high praise man! Thanks for the compliment, there are many insane sets on here, so I'm stoked that these chips have given you some inspiration!

For your questions. I probably put this set together in about 4 weeks time. I was lucky as I was able to find almost all of it at once from 3/4 different people. The single hardest part that took 3 weeks in its own was finding enough CiCo Arc Yellows to fill 3 racks. These arc yellows in particular are brighter and glow more than other arc yellows I tried using. I had found about 270 easily and the last two barrels required a lot of moving parts to facilitate a trade with the owner. Aside from the arcs, the day greens and day blues are not too hard to find. They could take a little effort to find mint like mine were. The reds, whites, and charcoals were very easy.

In terms of the chip colors used, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted/visioned. Maaaaaaybe I wouldn't mind a rack of radiant reds to replace the .25 fracs, but that's super nitpicky. The inlays I think fit the chip perfect. The inlay itself is pretty colorful and the black inlay contrasts well against the chip colors to tie it all together. The biggest advice I can offer is to stick to your guns man. Don't give up on a color for your set because the right colors together make for a special set. I had combed through old sales ads and threads going back two years and messaged at least 20+ people during my hunt. I spent a lot of hours on teh forum hunting which is why I got my set done in under a month.

Whew! What a chore to get these bad boys labeled. I present my Solid Cali Cash set with Arc Yellows as the $5 as opposed to a more standard yellow. The design was done by Moscow Radio before he went AWOL after being given tons of charity lol. At least he did something good before leaving lol. The design has been on the forum for a while now so I won't get too much into that. Enjoy the pictures and let me know if you have any questions about chip choices or breakdown etc!

Huge shout out to @Josh Kifer for handling all my mill work and getting the chips back at a pace that was mind boggling. Great dude, definitely support his milling gig folks! Also a thanks to @Gear for the best labels money can buy! Lastly, thank you to each person that sold or traded me chips and helped me build this set. You know who you are and you are very appreciated. These chips will now lovingly see plenty of felt.

Edit as of 03/30/2020
View attachment 431446

View attachment 431447
View attachment 431448

Original Set from 03/12/2020
View attachment 422152
View attachment 422153
Beautiful set. Really nice work!

CiCo Arc Yellows

Any idea on how to identify these? Given a tournament set I can make a really awesome color something I don't need many of so Arc Yellow or Blaze Orange would be awesome for that.

The inlays I think fit the chip perfect.

Yeah, I've got an inlay in mind. I know normally people match the inlay color somewhat to the chip, but I think the black works really well, even on the black chips.

The biggest advice I can offer is to stick to your guns man. Don't give up on a color for your set because the right colors together make for a special set.

I was tempted to cut some corners on colors, but I want to hold firm to the colors I have in mind.

I had combed through old sales ads and threads going back two years and messaged at least 20+ people during my hunt. I spent a lot of hours on teh forum hunting which is why I got my set done in under a month.

Amazing what people have that they are just sitting on. I'm pinging the folks who have sold me solids so far and finding out what else they have.

I had combed through old sales ads and threads going back two years and messaged at least 20+ people during my hunt.

Although you didn’t mean it this way...great advise to some of us noobs who may never have thought this could work out!

You using Blood Red there, @sheikh617? Trying to pull off something similar here, but standard Red doesn't seem to be dark enough to make as good of a contrast here.

You using Blood Red there, @sheikh617? Trying to pull off something similar here, but standard Red doesn't seem to be dark enough to make as good of a contrast here.
Honestly not sure of the shade, I never used a Paulson sample and when I bought them I don’t think a specific color was listed.

I think it's a very good chance that this is regular Red here, which is the darkest red. Any darker and you're probably getting into the Mauve-purple spectrum.

I think it's a very good chance that this is regular Red here, which is the darkest red. Any darker and you're probably getting into the Mauve-purple spectrum.
I think you’re right, that might have been what was in the ad when I bought them. Been a while!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom