BCC Riverboat Web Mold - Cash Set (2 Viewers)

ChaosRock

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Chatting with Ben at The Post this past weekend I mentioned I had a set in which the quarters reminded me of a poor man's Via Lactea quarters (what a tremendous set btw Ben!)... His awesome quarters are Pink/Light Blue whereas the Riverboat's are Pink/Light Gray... The effect on the felt is pretty similar though...

I decided to post some pictures of the set since it's not a very common one... His tourney 'brother' is a lot more prevalent out there...

Those Web Mold chips feel fantastic... Of all the BCC chips I believe those are the one that are the closest to the ASM/CPCs both in feel and sound... A lot more 'click' than 'clack'... They are brighter than the ASM/CPCs though... On the same token, just as illustration, I believe the T-mold Samurais are the ones which are the closest to Paulsons...

In a way, the set reminds me of some great TRKs quarter pies chips out there (although TRKs they are not!).

Anyway, enough of babbling... Apologies for the phone pictures, but that's all I have... If one day I stop buying chips maybe I could afford a good camera...

V0Dmi76.jpg

qvqWCqh.jpg

yPcxiXm.jpg

onChKV8.jpg

2CRrEmu.jpg

XDiy5Ye.jpg

hfOr7Lz.jpg

pn91GiE.jpg
0IpcNPG.jpg

HyeSszE.jpg

0TcxVQT.jpg
aJq7Sva.jpg
ZKss0NO.jpg
FuCAmrF.jpg
bB6oss0.jpg
mNLd3qu.jpg
igUGs6H.jpg
FTE1NGL.jpg
KN1UmvG.jpg
pYkpaCn.jpg

So crazy - we were talking and he kept saying something about a Riverboat quarter that was pink and gray and I was like "WTF are you smoking Paulo, the Riverboat quarter is white and gray" and he said "no no, the web mold quarter pies" and I was all "??? - there is no web mold quarter."

Turns out there is - holy sheit how did I not even know about these before? Those $5s are INSANE. So are the $1s. That is one amazing set - now what I want to know is how many of these are out there, and how do I get some??? :)

Great pics as well Paulo! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ben! And great question... I don't know how many there are out there but I suspect not many... Believe it or not I was exchanging some messages with Michael (HPC) about my set and he still has a couple of racks with him... My theory is that when he ordered the Tourney set he also ordered a few racks of lower denoms, nothing crazy, just a few...

I was also talking to Dave about the set and I'm sure he knows a heck of a lot more than I do about it... I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough (I hope!)

Awesome set. Someday I will own some of these. Oh I will.

I had forgotten how gorgeous these chips are. Thanks so much for posting photos. They look like they've never been played with, though. Is that true?

I was exchanging some messages with Michael (HPC) about my set and he still has a couple of racks with him...

Well you obviously need 1 more rack to complete the set - can't be having 900-chip sets laying around after all, that just won't do... (Really 3 more racks to fill out a drawer in the chip cabinet nicely. ;))

Well you obviously need 1 more rack to complete the set - can't be having 900-chip sets laying around after all, that just won't do... (Really 3 more racks to fill out a drawer in the chip cabinet nicely. ;))

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

But you're right Ben, I could use one more rack of $1s, one more rack of $5s, three more barrels of $25s and two more barrels of hundos... Would that be good? ;)

Last edited:
love these, particularly the $1s. are there more of these out there in the wild, Chaos, or are these all that were made?

love these, particularly the $1s. are there more of these out there in the wild, Chaos, or are these all that were made?

The $1s are really something else... The red used on those are the blood red and the one on the $5s are regular red... Live they look a lot different than in the pictures...

My guess is that not many of those were made (just a guess)... I don't know of any other sets like this out there, but I'm sure there are... I know for a fact Michael (HPC) still has a few racks with him but not many...

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

But you're right Ben, I could use one more rack of $1s, one more rack of $5s, three more barrels of $25s and two more barrels of hounds... Would that be good? ;)

Sounds perfect! :D

The $1s are really something else... The red used on those are the blood red and the one on the $5s are regular red... Live they look a lot different than in the pictures...

My guess is that not many of those were made (just a guess)... I don't know of any other sets like this out there, but I'm sure there are... I know for a fact Michael (HPC) still has a few racks with him but not many...

if he is willing to part with them, you really, really ought to pick them up. nothing sadder than a few stray racks lingering unavailable in the wild when there is a fantastic set like this that could put them to good use.

if he is willing to part with them, you really, really ought to pick them up. nothing sadder than a few stray racks lingering unavailable in the wild when there is a fantastic set like this that could put them to good use.

You are absolutely right, and that was my plan... What happens is that he has a few racks that kinda complete a playable set so I would have to purchase more quarters and more $1s to get the $5s and the $25s... I wouldn't have use for that many quarters and $1s... I'd still get them if they weren't really pricey... I'm sure you understand my dilemma... :(

I believe these were part of a special run for Michael and the web mold riverboat original designer. And they are truly awesome. That's one of only two sets in existence I believe, 3 sets max. This is a recollection from almost 6 years ago when things were still possible before BCC sold out to Paulson and the custom chip world will never be the same again.

Congrats Paulo!!

BPT

I believe these were part of a special run for Michael and the web mold riverboat original designer. And they are truly awesome. That's one of only two sets in existence I believe, 3 sets max. This is a recollection from almost 6 years ago when things were still possible before BCC sold out to Paulson and the custom chip world will never be the same again.

Congrats Paulo!!

BPT

Thanks for the kind words BPT... And I believe you're correct... I don't believe those were ever marketed ostensibly... Even the tourney set, which were produced in a bit more quantity, we're only talking what, maybe 7K chips? Maybe even less...

A few years back I was also able to put back together a special run of Speakeasy made specially for Michael, 1500 chips, custom colors... They were separated in three sets and I put them back together... It's not 1500 anymore as a few sample sets were given but I have all 1450 of the 1500... I'll take some pictures of those some day...

I still kick myself for not having purchase your awesome BCC solid set man... I'm just glad the chips couldn't be in better hands than yours! :)

Oh, I'm sure you're happy about that ^^^^ as well! ;)

Last edited:
There were originally 10 of the 500 chip tourney sets made and sold.

Thanks for letting me talk myself out of selling those Fun Nite chips on the Sun Mold - I added another 100 chips since then.

Solids are my Achilles heel I'm afraid.

There were originally 10 of the 500 chip tourney sets made and sold.

Thanks for letting me talk myself out of selling those Fun Nite chips on the Sun Mold - I added another 100 chips since then.

Solids are my Achilles heel I'm afraid.

Yep, that's what I though... So 5K Tourney chips... Not many at all...

Your set is the ONLY one I've ever heard of of solid sun mold Fun Nites... If I were you I'd keep it forever! And I'm sure that's what you'll do :)

Good to hear from you BPT...

dare I say sexy

Those unfortunately won't be in play on the 24th man... I'll have some dudes over who would destroy the set in a couple of hours... :)

I have to pick a set for us though... We played the Aztars last time right?

I might put the CPS cash set in play for the first time and see how it goes...

Those unfortunately won't be in play on the 24th man... I'll have some dudes over who would destroy the set in a couple of hours... :)

I have to pick a set for us though... We played the Aztars last time right?

I might put the CPS cash set in play for the first time and see how it goes...

damnt............CPS is nice, don't shuffle well until the end of the night.

You have any cash sets that are mostly solids?

damnt............CPS is nice, don't shuffle well until the end of the night.

You have any cash sets that are mostly solids?

That's true about the CPS but at some point I''' have to break them in... The tourney set is pretty good already...

No, I don't think I have any solid cash set... I'l building one though (thanks to BG, RichMahogany, LabMonkey, BiggyT, Mike32 and others)... Maybe two... ;)

There are other sets. They all originated from a fun Nite group buy on the other site that was supposed to be Paulson chips, and they didn't know it was going to be BCC chips until they were delivered. Everyone was so bummed but I picked up what I could and even helped organize a site raffle to help the organizer from being stuck with a lot of chips. Smitty organized the GB, there are old threads you could resurrect that may help you find a set if you were so inclined.

Jim

Yep, that's what I though... So 5K Tourney chips... Not many at all...

Your set is the ONLY one I've ever heard of of solid sun mold Fun Nites... If I were you I'd keep it forever! And I'm sure that's what you'll do :)

Good to hear from you BPT...

That's true about the CPS but at some point I''' have to break them in... The tourney set is pretty good already...

No, I don't think I have any solid cash set... I'l building one though (thanks to BG, RichMahogany, LabMonkey, BiggyT, Mike32 and others)... Maybe two... ;)

Cps chip's are nice, let's use those

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom