BCC Poker Chip Clay Formula: What Happened to It? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I've never read about the fate of the BCC formula used to make clay chips. The thread going on about the different molds that BCC used that's ongoing currently got me to thinking about what I like most about those chips. While the C+S, Web, and MGK mold are great looking, what really sets BCC apart, for me at least, is the composition of their clay. The BCC clay seems lighter, but more dense than Paulson, resulting in a really pleasing brighter sound when the chips are brought together or shuffled, as opposed to Paulson that have a little more dull sounds when brought together due to the softer clay formulation.

Does anyone have information on BCC clay recipes or formulations, or is it all gone to the wind with GPI's acquisition of their assets?

Love the brightness and clarity of the BCC clay sound. Agree the sound plus density makes them feel more lively than Paulsons which sound muffled and feel a bit dead by comparison.

I wonder if their density makes them more resistant to wear. I have noticed a lot more clay dust from shuffling Paulsons than from BCCs, although not sure if that is due to clay density, composition or differences in the mold.

BCC had their own formula & colors but after TRK closed shop they also aquired the TRK colors.
So both of those got lost in the GPI acquisition.

GPI even offered chips made on the BCC gear for a while but forgot if they also used BCC clay formula & colors

For me, only leaded, worn in Paulsons trump BCC MGK & C&S chips in the shuffling department

Does anyone have information on BCC clay recipes or formulations, or is it all gone to the wind with GPI's acquisition of their assets?

Dust in the wind, dude. Dust in the wind.

1624028281328.png

I suppose someone who's on good terms with the former owners could get them to reveal their formulas; they're probably under Non-Disclosure Agreements but maybe they don't g-a-f. But it's not like knowing the formulas would help anyone. There's only two companies that make clay chips; GPI already has the formulas, and CPC can't use them because they won't work on their equipment.

It could give a head-start to anyone trying to start up a new chip production line from scratch (ahem, @Strasser and @Grandmasturkey) but anyone doing that is probably better off doing their own research and development, starting out fresh and pursuing new ideas.

The Endy's were alway idgaf type guys, especially the younger generations. The simple fact that they almost immediately started up Blue Chip Co. after selling Paulson sorta proved that. :)

The Endy's were alway idgaf type guys, especially the younger generations. The simple fact that they almost immediately started up Blue Chip Co. after selling Paulson sorta proved that. :)
Are any of the original brothers' kids still in the picture that may want to resurrect a clay chip line? ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom