BCC MGK Grand Cardroom Chips (1 Viewer)

Victor

Pair
Reaction score
BCC - Grand CardRoom 02.jpg

I got 300 of these chips. Anyone knows the story on these T100 chips? There was a GB back in late 2009. However, the edge color and pattern on these T100 chips appear to be different from the 2009 GB...:confused::confused::confused:

Different runs of the chips had different spots, on at least the $5 and $100 (probably others too; don't remember for sure). @SuckoutKing may have details, I know he has a set.

How many runs were done before BCC stopped consumer market and, eventually, merged into GPI?

Just two of the inlaid GCR on MGK mold, afaik.

At least two runs of these chips occurred from what I have been able to put together. The first run had two styles of quarters and one each of $1, $5, $25 and $100. A second run added an alternate $5, though supposedly not many people took advantage of the new five. The post for the second run on CT made it sound like maybe only members from the original GB were given the option for the new $5s. At some point a 50mm $20 was also made, and I'm not clear on the history of those, other than @SuckoutKing has quite a few. I haven't been able to figure out how the alternate $100 chip fits into the picture. I have 20 of the alternate $100s, and while the edge colors are exactly the same, the spot pattern is obviously different. Perhaps even more confusing, 18 of them are of a larger diameter than my original $100s, while two of them are the same diameter as my original $100s. That may or may not be important, as my $1s are also of two different diameters (102 small and 98 large). It could be a simple case of BCC's "legendary" QC not noticing that they lathed to the wrong diameter within a production run, or it could be evidence that there were at least two production runs for the $1s and alternate $100s (so at least three 39mm production runs and one 50mm production run if you think these are all from different orders).

Another theory is that the alternate $100s were a goof from the original order that were remade, possibly even before shipping. Maybe their QC was actually spot on for these and they noticed the wrong edgespots and different diameters, effectively making these factory seconds that were offloaded to the market separately. The fact that those three racks stand alone could support that theory, as I recall seeing them on eBay for very cheap some years ago. The fact that they didn't get bought very quickly led me to believe that there aren't a whole bunch of sets out there lacking $100s. For what it's worth, supposedly only 490 $100s were made from the original production run. I have 120 $100s (three varieties once you include diameter), and you have 300, yet somehow I doubt that we account for over 85% of the $100s ever made. There were 8057 chips total produced in the initial run, and that number does not include any 50mm $20 chips or alternate $5s.

That's all that I've been able to put together and guess at; it would be great if someone else were able to shed additional light on the mysteries of the BCC MGK GCRs!

@Split Great background and insights! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

And, yes, these 300 $100's I have now do have some dimensional issues. The variations are less than 1mm with the typical standard diameter should be 39mm... I'm getting some precise measurements this week for diameter and thickness... This is a serious cosmetic issue since it ruins the BCC "chalky" looks while stacking them up!

EDIT: Took measurements this week... Qty=201 ~ 40.2mm, Qty=99 ~ 39.6mm o_O

Last edited:
Yup I have some Pink quarters, $1s, a few second run 5s, and some gorgeous 50mm $20s.

I know a second run of 5s was done because of some inlay mis shaping? Not entirely sure about the $100s since I never got any.

Some photo sharing, please... :whistle: :whistling:

I have a barrel of 50mm $20s, and sold the few 618-spotted $5s I had. This was designed as a cash set by Mark, so no surprise there were only a few $100s made. I think I remember him having the second version made due to some BCC errors.

BCC offered two different diameters towards the end - the larger chips were heavier. They didn't always get the cut per customer intentions.

What a great Old thread! Classic example of BCC. They always managed to EFF something up. But when they were done right. Wow show stoppers! The Cash Set I have are flawless. The 8v Quarters are UNBELIEVABLE. That Mold Though MGK, nuts.One of the Classic BCC GBs ever.

PS- if there is anyone out there with these chips. Looking to add a few $1s and $5s. And not the chips with the Oval shaped inlays :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::confused:(y) :thumbsup:
Grand Cardroom $1s and $5s.jpg

I have a barrel of 50mm $20s, and sold the few 618-spotted $5s I had. This was designed as a cash set by Mark, so no surprise there were only a few $100s made. I think I remember him having the second version made due to some BCC errors.

BCC offered two different diameters towards the end - the larger chips were heavier. They didn't always get the cut per customer intentions.
Reviving an old thread to add some info since I was lucky to get in on the original GB.

The reason for the 2nd run of $5s was because Mark didn't like how the 1st run turned out. Probably came out darker than expected and not enough contrast.
(v1 left - v2 right)
IMG_5272.jpeg

Mark wanted more $1s and wanted the v2 $5s so they were piggy backed onto BBC's redo of about 1,500 chips (sent back to BBC) due to ghost molding (pressed into mold more than once). I'm assuming they were much worse than below since Mark went through each chip (8k+) and deemed these to be okay. Mainly the gray quarters, $1s & $100s were affected. This run became the add-on which was open to the original buyers & 2 others that bought a set from the original buyers but I believe only Mark, myself & one other person actually added on.
IMG_5273.jpeg

IMG_5274.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

Also not sure if anyone recalls this but during the add-on some of the 25s had the wrong base color so they had to be remade. (correct one on the left)
IMG_5271.jpeg

Just came across an old message from Mark and can confirm the 100s from the OP were chips made with the wrong spot pattern that Mark put up for sale on eBay.

Reviving an old thread to add some info since I was lucky to get in on the original GB.

The reason for the 2nd run of $5s was because Mark didn't like how the 1st run turned out. Probably came out darker than expected and not enough contrast.
(v1 left - v2 right)
View attachment 757526

Mark wanted more $1s and wanted the v2 $5s so they were piggy backed onto BBC's redo of about 1,500 chips (sent back to BBC) due to ghost molding (pressed into mold more than once). I'm assuming they were much worse than below since Mark went through each chip (8k+) and deemed these to be okay. Mainly the gray quarters, $1s & $100s were affected. This run became the add-on which was open to the original buyers & 2 others that bought a set from the original buyers but I believe only Mark, myself & one other person actually added on.
View attachment 757837

View attachment 757838

View attachment 757839

Also not sure if anyone recalls this but during the add-on some of the 25s had the wrong base color so they had to be remade. (correct one on the left)
View attachment 757527

Just came across an old message from Mark and can confirm the 100s from the OP were chips made with the wrong spot pattern that Mark put up for sale on eBay.
I would be beyond grateful to purchase any extras that you may have. I don't think I've ever seen those green $25 chips :wow:

And I'm super jealous :love:

If you know of anyone else that has any MGK molded chips, or if you tire of yours yourself, I'll be around!

Back up here! Lol

psssssssssssss....never send a boy to do a man's job...

1629277272390.png

1629277291669.png
1629277300925.png

J/K obvious....sorry boys

Scored the rack I REALLY needed to have a playable set...thanks again @harrysallout

Hello Harry, hope all is well....the rack of $5 was one of my best scores for 2021.

Thanks for sharing :love:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom