BCC - inlay replacement (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried murdering and replacing inlays on BCC chips?

The inlay shapes are typically inconsistent, so Im wondering if the recess underneath will be suitable for a new label.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback from anyone that has tried.

Which BCCs? I have murdered one of my BCC Las Vegas chips. One one side I removed a laminate layer and left the paper inlay beneath. On the other side I scraped the paper off, which took forever. I applied a label to both sides and the side where I just removed the laminate was perfect. The side where I scraped the paper was uneven and made the label look bumpy. I think it depends on which BCCs as they were not the most consistent company

Which BCCs? I have murdered one of my BCC Las Vegas chips. One one side I removed a laminate layer and left the paper inlay beneath. On the other side I scraped the paper off, which took forever. I applied a label to both sides and the side where I just removed the laminate was perfect. The side where I scraped the paper was uneven and made the label look bumpy. I think it depends on which BCCs as they were not the most consistent company
BCC four suits in this instance. They come in multiple denoms per colour, so I want to murder a few to match them up to others.

Do you happen to have a photo of the recess after the inlay was removed? And also a pic of the new label put in?

Here is the side with just the laminate removed which was pretty easy to do.
E41D21B3-D724-4B77-B100-74B0C9348C02.jpeg

This is there other side with the paper scraped off. Impossible to get level and very time consuming.
8BABD0E2-E40D-4B20-B9B7-FDCBE0B302BA.jpeg

Here is a label (too small) but the label over the paper is perfectly even and the other side is very bumpy, which you cannot really tell from the pic. I am considering making these $20s or T1000s and I think on my particular chips that this will be very doable.
0015C0F3-93DC-4FA8-9A48-3A2F8AF5F3EE.jpeg
B20ED6BD-2263-44DB-B9B9-18F6F1E884F3.jpeg

Its odd...BCCs are either so painfully beautiful that it would be a shame to murder them, or so shitty that there's no use.
I'm trying to minimise the murder with this project. But those four suits come in so many denom variety's that it's tough to put a set together, without at least murdering the a few.

Ideally I won't murder any though

I didn’t murder these myself, I bought them this way a while back to use as bounty chips for my TMSC set, which @ruskba now owns.

Forgot for a while that I had these. I can try to remove the rest of the inlay with NPR a little later and let you know how that goes if you’d like.

5570AEA2-20C2-4D96-990E-ADEC97D8E55F.jpeg

I didn’t murder these myself, I bought them this way a while back to use as bounty chips for my TMSC set, which @ruskba now owns.

Forgot for a while that I had these. I can try to remove the rest of the inlay with NPR a little later and let you know how that goes if you’d like.

View attachment 365367
I'm not too fussed about whether the rest of the inlay will come up. I've murdered enough chips to know that I'll find a way lol, but thanks for the offer.

My concern is the shape of the recess really. I'm worried that they will be too inconsistently shaped to look good with a label.

What do you reckon from looking at yours.

The recess is shallow on these, but they’re round :)

Actually, I will finish one of the chips later. I still have a few @Gear laminated and unlaminated sample labels I can try with these.

I’ll report back after my morning coffee and breakfast

For most flame mold chips, you're probably going to need to mill out the recess completely before adding a new label, simply due to the inconsistent inlay shapes.... or just label-over with oversize labels.

Most BCC T-mold inlays are a little more consistent in shape, but certainly not all.

It's a shame that smitty screwed the pooch on that Four Suits group buy, which were supposed to have been made on the far-superior TFP mold.

For most flame mold chips, you're probably going to need to mill out the recess completely before adding a new label, simply due to the inconsistent inlay shapes.... or just label-over with oversize labels.

Most BCC T-mold inlays are a little more consistent in shape, but certainly not all.

It's a shame that smitty screwed the pooch on that Four Suits group buy, which were supposed to have been made on the far-superior TFP mold.
Maybe I'll have to think about removal and milling them slightly within the entire recess.

A little later than promised, but there’s plenty of room for a label. I can’t help when it comes to shape though as Samurai Palace were one of the more consistently produced BCCs.

Before
88418138-64CE-4B02-B93A-D11820B23EC1.jpeg

After
4FCBDE94-35FE-4422-BBB8-F9AAC4A22CD9.jpeg

View attachment 365367
WTF!!! Murdering Paulsons and TRKs is acceptable, but not the Samurais.:mad: Just kidding. Murder away...:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom