BCC inlay manufacturing process (1 Viewer)

how come we lost the colors of bcc and trk when others bought them out? were they trade secrets that wasn't allowed to go with the manufacturing equipment?

how was the cost per chip so cheap and only art work fees on inlay vs CPC no cost for inlays but edge spots get crazy expensive (if there using same equipment shouldn't the cost for edges stay the same ?

i understand material cost goes up but switching some dies and powder couldn't have gone up? does cpc take 4 guys and a huge warehouse with crazy overhead factor in where bcc was using 2 guys and a basement?
i still try to wrap my head around color choices for current bcc chips and the edge spot pricing compared to bccs.

CPC's chip making process has lots of steps that are done *by hand*.

Sometimes entire product lines are bought out and decommissioned just to get rid of a competitor's product. Or to establish a monopoly.

Raw material costs go up all the time. Small operators like chip manufacturers have to compete in the same market as huge manufacturing operations, and they don't have nearly as much economy of scale to get real price breaks.

how come we lost the colors of bcc and trk when others bought them out? were they trade secrets that wasn't allowed to go with the manufacturing equipment?
TRK simply closed doors, although they later sold their color palette to BCC. GPI later bought the BCC assets from the Endy family (after having B&G essentially first purchase Paulson from the same family), mostly to eliminate their last standing competitor.

how was the cost per chip so cheap and only art work fees on inlay vs CPC no cost for inlays but edge spots get crazy expensive (if there using same equipment shouldn't the cost for edges stay the same ?
Different processes, different material.

i understand material cost goes up but switching some dies and powder couldn't have gone up?
Some materials used by CPC have been discontinued; others have risen in price multi-fold. Every material change requires massive amounts of purchased material and man-hours to research, test, and implement...... and is one of the biggest drawbacks to getting new colors.

BCC Chips have some great colors. Cant say i like one over the other but I have had numerous Paulson sets pass my hands and all BCC sets have stayed. My personal favorite.
IMG_6460.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom