BCC Desert palms (1 Viewer)

Matt G

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Almost complete in my eyes. Just need to finish off a few $5k chips but here is my grail set. I just had back surgery and it took more out of me than I thought so I was kind of sloppy with laying chips out. I was lucky to get them all on the table and semi straight. I will have to come back and do it again when I have the time to layout nicely. Regardless here is my set with new addition of 1's & 5's now that I have labels on them. I am really happy how the $1’s & 5’s turned out.

I need to mention a few but not all that have helped me along the way. Big shoutout and thank you to @SuckoutKing for letting these 1's & 5's go as blanks. I know it was hard decision for him. I liked the white blanks over the stock $1's always but thought I was settling on the reds but having on the table next to the stock $5's I think they look better. These are in a good home and certainly loved by me. Also a big shoutout to @Gear for making the labels they look better than the originals, not sure if you can see in pictures. They turned out great and certainly worth them wait. Another shoutout to Jim @TheChipRoom for helping me track down who he sold rights of the Desert Palms to to and a big shoutout to @Apache who was more than willing to let me use artwork and took time out of his life to look for. After he could not find was so kind to agree to let me have Gear reproduce with a quick rejection to accepting any fee's from me. I really appreciate I personally want to say thank you for being so kind. I have dealt with Josh a few times and we are lucky to have such great vendors around here. I bought my first set of chips from Josh at Apache and I remember sweating over the cost of the CC Desert Palms that I bought and the $1 per chip Paulson's ($600 or $1,200) for a set was a tough decision then. Also need to mention the Godfather of Desert Palms @ovo who I inspire to be and who has helped a tiny bit lol. Always willing to talk DP's and offer up any knowledge he has. I also understand unwillingness to let go of such amazing chips. Anyone that has seen live will say pictures do not do justice to how beautiful these chips are. Certainly appreciation to @Lars who put set up for auction, I remember I was not going to be outbid at any cost. As well as @Boother36 who let his small set go to allow me to add third rack of $25's & 100's so I could still use set on multi table tournament night thank you. Once I finish I will release spares that i have so another can start working on their set. I know there are more out there (I hope). Hope you guys enjoy my set. I added some side by side of original $1's & $5's with labeled blanks. You can all decide what you prefer.
Edit - to add members names.
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg
IMG_6460.jpg
IMG_6461.jpg
IMG_6462.jpg
IMG_6463.jpg
IMG_6464.jpg
IMG_6465.jpg
IMG_6466.jpg
IMG_6467.jpg
IMG_6468.jpg
IMG_6469.jpg
IMG_6472.jpg
IMG_6473.jpg

Last edited:
Great Job Matt, really love the dollars better than the originals. The original 5 is my favorite, but those 5's are extremely beautiful and it works well together. And I'll keep you in the loop if I find more.

If I ever finish my $5k rack I may get labels and turn Orange into $1k and Yellow into $5k. I think Orange Chips need to be $1k

always loved this set, it is damn shame we no longer have BCC making chips

I wish Jim would have made a 20 dollar chip also. That would have made the set perfect

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom