BCC CDI Alternative $500 (Navy Blue) (1 Viewer)

Steppenwolf

Full House
Reaction score
So, what is the story behind this navy blue version? I've bought the light purple and blurple chips in this denom, but I was not aware until recently that this version of the chip even existed. As you can see, the edge spots are also totally different. I did see an old listing with the same thing but in a light purple version that looks more like the standard CDI $500. Any information you can share would be helpful. Thanks so much!

20190506_205011.jpg

20190510_013542.jpg

Don't recognize these. Is it in the Flame mold?
Yes. I believe they are. When I first got them, I honestly wasn't sure they were legit versus some kind of relabel to look like CDIs. But these are 2 legit 2 quit. I just don't know why I haven't seen them pop up on the forum or if there's a full set out there I've been missing.

I gave up long ago trying to make any sense of most BCC decisions. High likely that they had some extra blanks and inlays just laying around, and presto, here's a new chip.

Hmmm, I wonder if those are my old 500's? My set originally came with one rack of purple $500's and one rack of blue/blurple $500's. I liked the purple better and sold off the darker ones. Sale Thread

If that's the case, I really don't have a guess. I bought the entire set in July of 2010 off a member on Chiptalk and that's about the only history I know of them. Maybe they were semi-customs? The spot pattern matches the rest of my set so it could have been a one off order too.

Hmmm, I wonder if those are my old 500's? My set originally came with one rack of purple $500's and one rack of blue/blurple $500's. I liked the purple better and sold off the darker ones. Sale Thread

If that's the case, I really don't have a guess. I bought the entire set in July of 2010 off a member on Chiptalk and that's about the only history I know of them. Maybe they were semi-customs? The spot pattern matches the rest of my set so it could have been a one off order too.
Interesting. Do you still have the set?

Nice chips, I'd love to hear the story as well.
I am familiar with the BCC chips. I think the lighter ones were the first run. Quality sucked though. I don’t have any of the darker ones. I think they were trying to mimic the98 CDI chips. I do have a question about the 98 CDI chips. I have a bunch and I’m thinking of posting them here.. any thoughts?

Don't recognize these. Is it in the Flame mold?
If I remember correctly we called it the sea shell mold

So, what is the story behind this navy blue version? I've bought the light purple and blurple chips in this denom, but I was not aware until recently that this version of the chip even existed. As you can see, the edge spots are also totally different. I did see an old listing with the same thing but in a light purple version that looks more like the standard CDI $500. Any information you can share would be helpful. Thanks so much!

View attachment 286172
View attachment 286173
What do people think of the BCC chips compared to Paulson?

To Steppenwolf, here are the $5’s I have with the lighter inlay...

Attachments

• 58AB8966-430E-4DFB-B9A3-93B4D8AAA84D.jpeg
    58AB8966-430E-4DFB-B9A3-93B4D8AAA84D.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
What do people think of the BCC chips compared to Paulson?

To Steppenwolf, here are the $5’s I have with the lighter inlay...
The $5s are pretty @Magic jack. Obviously, people prefer Paulsons over BCCs (but you probably wouldn't want to say that on a BCC thread... well, unless it was your thread LOL!!!). In any case, one of the best things about the BCC CDIs is actually how they resemble the '98 Paulson CDIs. They're also a lot less expensive, and I can say it's a pretty big step for a new chipper to spend $1 a chip, let alone $2 or $3 a piece. So I think BCCs are a great value that some people appreciate, but as you work your way up the food chain, the '98 CDIs are a nice upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom