BBOTW (1 Viewer)

grebe

Full House
Reaction score
Bad Beat of the Week.

I ran bad this weekend. I would like to put it out in the ether to "let it go". I know nobody likes bad beat stories. Feel free to skip this thread, nothing good is here.

First one is pretty funny, actually:

We are currently 5 handed in an MTT at the table waiting for one bust out to make it a single table (top 5 pay, I think). I am known as pretty aggressive, especially by the BTN. BB is table chip leader and is playing tight, as I don't think he wins much. SB is very tight and short stacked...he doesnt know to jam wide, and won't put chips in without a good hand. I am looking for a decent hand to steal with, however I know the BTN will tend to call lighter against me. BTN and I have about 16 BB's each....he covers me slightly. I am CO.

Folds to CO (me) with :ts: :kc:...I raise to 2.5 BTN calls, blinds fold as expected

Flop: :ac::8c::7s:
I bet 2 bb's
SB calls

Turn: :6d:
I am thinking if he has an A, it is not a good one, but he will probably bet it. So my plan is to check and jam on him if he bets, because my range is better than his (lolz).
CO: check
BTN: bet some reasonable amount
CO: tank jam
BTN: snap calls and flips his hand over.....it's :jh::tc:

BTN stands up going, "holy shit....I thought I had 9T!" My King high has him dominated.

River: :9d:

He screams like a girl and starts jumping up and down. (this might be slightly exaggerated). I give him knuckles, tell him good game, crazy hand, then go home and stew about it for 3 days.

Mostly, listening to bad beat stories are like hearing people describe their dreams (just why?), but this one was actually quite amusing, or heart breaking I mean

I remember going through this thread months ago and thinking that there's a slim chance that I get tilted playing hold'em with a few bad beats. After all, I play PLO.

Not today. I went to absolute cooler city.

I'm in a $1,100 NLHE mystery bounty on day 1. I'm no tournament guy but my bankroll can afford it and fuck it, I want to play a bounty tournament in Melb, let's go (they only run like biyearly?)

Played decent in the first few hours of the session. On 60BB after the first dinner break. About 3x starting stack. Didn't get dealt any premiums, but managed to get a few bluffs through and some value from one pair holdings.

First orbit, I look down on QQ on the button. UTG opens to 2.5BB, CO jams for 10BB. I obviously rejam and UTG folds. CO shows QJss. Nice! Flop comes three spades and I'm drawing basically dead. Ouch.

Next orbit, I have AKo on the BB. Folds to SB who just rips it for 12BB. I obviously call again. He has AQ and turns a Q. Ouch.

The very next hand, I get KK on the SB. LJ opens to 2.5BB and I 3! to 11BB. The BB cold calls and the LJ comes along as well. Flop is KQ5r. I bet 1/4 pot, and the LJ jams for about half pot. I stick it in, obviously.

He has KJ. Nice! I have him completely crushed. Turn is a A. Of course it's a sweat. A T comes on the river and I double him up.

Now I'm left with around 7 BB. I pick up AJo on the button about three hands later. I obviously jam. I get snapped by the BB, who has AQ. I have to get there one time, right?

Flop is QQ7. Good game guys, take it easy tomorrow!

Now I'm going to be fuming tonight in bed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom