BBO Vs. Chanman (2 Viewers)

Chanman tables are the best I've played on. End of story. I wouldn't consider another vendor when I need to replace my table.

Most things in life work out such that you get what you pay for.

Yes ChanMan products are more expensive then BBO. Yes, you get something for the extra cost. BBO makes an acceptable mid-range product. They have a spotty record for customer service should things go wrong. ChanMan makes a markedly better table and treats your table with respect when shipping it. You will pay for this. I think it is worth the cost.

Maybe customer service isn't going to be an issue. Often times the process works as planned. Perhaps a customer knows exactly what they want, graphics and all. Shipping can work out fine in a cardboard box - I have gotten chips loose in a box that arrived in fine order, but we generally value "bullet proof" packaging. Could be standard speed cloth is what a customer wants. Or perhaps someone else is handling the custom cloth. Many guys are handy with their tools making spot repairs no big deal.

On the other hand, things often don't go smoothly. The extra couple of hundred bucks spent on shipping suddenly seems like a bargain when shit happens and the solid wood crate survives unscathed where a lesser box would have a huge wound. Or when you need some guidance on art. Or maybe you get guided to change your mind when you come to the builder with poorly formed or bad ideas.

Please don't get my review wrong. A BBO table is a huge upgrade to a $200 sporting goods store table. But a ChanMan table is a better product than a BBO which is reflected in the price.

I am taking my own advice too. I am having a ChanMan table plus side tables being built for my new home. It was not cheap. But it will be a better table than I could get locally or from BBO.

As noted throughout, you will get what you pay for -=- DrStrange

Are Chanman tables really that much more expensive than a comparable BBO? I wouldn't have thought so. I remember way back when looking at BBO's online catalogue, and directly comparing cost to Tony's, doing the exchange rate math, and Tony's came out a mile ahead. Now, I live in the same city and don't have to pay for shipping, so that probably has something to do with it, but certainly not all.

Are Chanman tables really that much more expensive than a comparable BBO? I wouldn't have thought so. I remember way back when looking at BBO's online catalogue, and directly comparing cost to Tony's, doing the exchange rate math, and Tony's came out a mile ahead. Now, I live in the same city and don't have to pay for shipping, so that probably has something to do with it, but certainly not all.

FYI - Tony can ship from a Washington, USA address. I think it cost a couple hundred to send my crate to Denver. The other time he personally delivered them with gear...that is what I call service.

I have both Chanman tables and BBO tables. Now in all fairness my Chapman table was more of a special job but still as someone that owns both go with Chanman. BBO is actually decent quality for the money, but Chanman’s are special.

Last edited:
So... Talked to BBO while on vacation, after they gave me a quote I told them chanman was cheaper and great quality. Here's the response. Insulting a little?
Screenshot_20181012-111804_Email.jpg

Sounds like a guy who doesn't know his business or market very well, or has his head stuck in the sand.

"Those who remain stagnant in business, die a smelly death."

I love the "A guy in a garage or something" comment.

It doesn't matter where Tony works, whether it be from a garage, a warehouse, his momma's basement...who cares. Tony does awesome work. TBH I'd rather go with someone who does work out of a "garage or something" than a huge business (By the sounds of BBO) that mass produces, and has no CS whatsoever.

I'm with @BGinGA on this,
Sounds like a guy who doesn't know his business or market very well, or has his head stuck in the sand.

"Those who remain stagnant in business, die a smelly death."

I don't know about the person in the email, but I've personally corresponded with people from BBO in the past so they've heard of Chanman Poker Tables.

Chip used to run ProCaliber Tables and they were bought out last year by BBO. This is an email exchange a few weeks ago when he popped up on my LinkedIn and I figured I'd reach out. At a minimum, he was alerted of @T_Chan.

Screenshot_20181012-223806_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom