BBO Vs. Chanman (2 Viewers)

Baffels

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all!

New to the forum and in the market for a table. Budget is set at 2500-3000. I see a lot of people hyping up Chanman tables here and some very happy with BBO. With the build and accessories I want, Chanman comes out to be a little over $1K more ($2,595 vs $3,625) then the BBO table with the BBO having a few extras on top as well (Free shipping also).

That being said, is the quality of the BBO any less then a Chanman? They both seem amazing, but for over $1K plus free shipping I feel the decision might be made for me...

Thanks!

Andrew

Ahh, didnt know that.

Well, with the exchange rate, puts the Chanman at about $200 more, plus whatever shipping will end up being.

I bought my table from BBO prior to discovering this forum. I am really happy with my table but will probably buy my next table from @T_Chan

BBO sends the tables packed in cardboard. This is less secure than the pictures I've seen from Chanman. My own box was destroyed by the carrier and it was only a miracle the table was not damaged. Forced the freight company to open before I would accept delivery.

My table also had a few finishes done incorrectly. Simple errors and they made it right but I had to deal with some things Ike installing the bill slot And cutting the felt.

Communication from BBO was good throughout and again I am very happy with final product.

Get a table from Tony.

20170630_162728.jpg

And to comment on @Highli99 post about the packaging, my table came very secured.

20170630_192321.jpg
20170630_143908.jpg

I also have a Chanman table.

I chose @T_Chan over anyone else purely for the craftsmanship, price, and customer service. Tony builds great tables. He also makes sure you are getting exactly what you want. Anything I have ordered from Tony has been exactly what I wanted. He takes the time to make sure every step of the order is perfect. I can't speak for BBO because I do not have a table from them, but TBH, now that I have a Chanman, I'd never go anywhere else. Tony builds dreams. You dream it, he'll build it.

I have a Tony table and love it. I briefly entertained BBO but then went with TChan.

Chan is a custom builder and can customize to whatever you want. Also Tony is very clutch and will help you if any issues arise.

Love my BBO Ultimate Poker Table, great quality product at a great price. HATED my experience with the shipping company, table showed up at 7pm after I waited around all day and missed a day of work. They were nasty to me on the phone when I called to find out where they were, they said basically “ Driver is running behind he’ll be there at two or three.” I called them at 4 PM, and they were very snotty, “he’ll get there when he gets there”

Then the guy finally showed up and like the poster mentions above, the box look at nearly destroyed. The driver was very resistant to me when I forced him to wait as I opened the box. This is crazy because BBO says on their website “make sure you inspect for damage” And the driver was a real asshole about it and threatened to just drive away. Thankfully the table was fine, then the driver took off and left a massive busted up wooden pallet in my driveway and I had to deal with it. Absolutely miserable experience and I will never buy from BB0 again and I would certainly recommend against ever using them. They never responded to my email about the incident, which is a real shame because again the table is absolutely awesome for the price. I’m also bummed because I really would like to get another one, but it won’t be from BBO.

I have never got a whole table from @T_Chan but have dealt with him on a lot of cloths and accessories. His attention to details & concern for the customer getting everything just right is top notch. Tony makes me feel like I am the most important and the only customer he has. I buy anything I can from Tony just because I know his #1 goal is to get me taken care of.

BBO builds tables that fill a gap, they provide an alternative between the crappy $150 eBay tables and a beautiful fully custom table that may run $2k+ from a builder like Chanman. BBO tables are OK for hosting a game on a semi-annual basis, 4-5 times a year. Any more than that..... you'll likely be replacing it this time next year. IMHO they don't really compare to a Chanman table, Tony's table will be much better quality.

May I ask why you would recommend Tony over BBO?

Aside from all the posts above, the biggest thing is that Tony cares about you, not strictly as a customer, but as a friend who loves poker as much as you do. He will help with questions, gives suggestions, personal input and it's all done in a manner that you want when making a sizeable purchase.

I had an issue arise with my table after a couple months of use and Tony's customer service shined again. He helped me fix the issue on my own and offered a rebate for the problem. Top notch quality, top notch customer service and a top notch person.

I saw the title of this thread, and thought it was meant as a joke. Until I read that you are new... Since you’re new and don’t know, there’s zero comparison... Chanman tables are a work of art. If the difference is $200+ shipping, there is no use in further discussion. Show us some pics of the Chan table when you get it.

Yeah, Chans product is way better. I've owned a BBO table, it was fine for the price... But it was not made for weekly games. Wore out way quick. I'd buy a chan if I didn't make my own...

@T_Chan is the best, best customer service as well every step of the way , even getting 2 tables to Hawaii which amazed me how well packed and crated they were..... flawless craftsmanship and every player notices it.... all I get is dammm davin where’d u get this table
From!!!! Thankyou @T_Chan again......

It must feel good tony to see all this awesome feedback

While I don’t have a custom table from Tony, I do have one of his “basic” tables and it is awesome. Top notch quality. He is great to deal with and it is was shipped as if he was sent the Mona Lisa out. It took me 1/2 an hour to get it out of the crate and plastic wrap. Tony makes sure your table arrived safely no matter how crappy the freight company may treat it.

I don’t know BBO, but for an extra $200 when you are already spending that much, I wouldn’t take a chance and go with @T_Chan all the way.

Another vote here for @T_Chan tables, and as a part-time table-builder myself. @Irish (another excellent table builder) summed it up nicely above.

I've played on (and repaired) several BBO tables, and I've played on several of Tony's tables. The difference in quality of workmanship and materials is significant, and well worth the extra money for a ChanMan table. There really is no comparison between the two imo. Even his base tables are great, but his customs are simply magnificent.

I have 3 Chanman tables and love them. Tony is a easy to work with and does excellent work.

Not sure it has been mentioned, but Tony supports this community and is a site vendor. I'd rather spend more to get his quality and service than keep a competitor in business. I have 3 Chanman folding tables, 2 with custom cloth + 4 beverage carts. I'll never give any other builder a thought.

Edit: The wood crates were key in protecting the tables. My kid repurposed them into throwing knives/hatchet targets.

Another vote for Chanman here. My table is an absolute beauty, my guys love it (even though they hate the Wings). The customer service though is what separates it from anything else. @T_Chan is a true professional and a master at his craft.

Tony (Chanman) offers excellent personalised service and puts all of his craftmanship personally at work. His product is NOT generic or "take it or leave it".
He offers a unique client-to-craftsman relationship.
I guess BBO's boss may become a car rental firm boss one day - his job is earning money, whatever the product or service. Tony's job is building tables and making felts, because he loves it.
My custom felt turned out fantastic
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-poker-table-felt-thread.6655/page-8

While we won't comment about BBO, we always strive to provide the best service and the best poker table. Functional, fashionable and durable. As many have said, we ship all of our table is plywood crates to minimize the risk of any damage.

With that said, there has been instances of damage upon arrival however, we take care of everything.

Example 1:
Customer in Nova Scotia, across the country. The shippers decided to drive their forklift through the crate, thus through the felt and foam. The customer contacted us about the damage, showed us the photos and we built a new table for them and shipped it out within 2 weeks.

image1 (5).jpeg
image6.jpeg

Example 2:
Custom in Chicago. The shippers again decided that Fragile means "please break". The crates arrived in horrible condition. Some of the table was damaged including a large scratch in the sub-base and a part of the lighting stopped working. Boggles my mind how you can break 3/4" plywood in pieces.

20180314_.jpg
Image-1.jpg

IMG_1251001.jpg

We shipped them a new sub base and replacement LED strip within days. We asked them to hire a handyman in their area to remove the rail, replace the light strip and put the rail back on. We paid for their services in full.

Example 3:
Customer in Imperial, MO. The table arrived with a dent in the raised rail, perhaps from the shippers dropping the crate. We cut a new raised rail diffuser, shipped it to them and again, they hired a local handy man to remove the rail, replace the diffuser and replace the rail. We paid for the contractor in full.

table.jpg

We build our tables with top of the line materials. 3/4" plwood or solid hardwood, industrial grade vinyl, high density rail foam, closed cell playing surface foam and custom stain/paint parts with a lacquer finish.

Customer service is always our top priority as well. Our mantra: Treat others as you'd want to be treated. It's that simple.

That being said, is the quality of the BBO any less then a Chanman?

I'm sure BBO has the capacity to put out some good product; however, my internet searches yielded a fair amount of bad reviews regarding shipping damage and difficulty dealing with returns. These bad reviews did not represent a majority; however, it was enough for me to side with Chanman despite a slightly higher cost.

While we won't comment about BBO, we always strive to provide the best service and the best poker table. Functional, fashionable and durable. As many have said, we ship all of our table is plywood crates to minimize the risk of any damage.

With that said, there has been instances of damage upon arrival however, we take care of everything.

Example 1:
Customer in Nova Scotia, across the country. The shippers decided to drive their forklift through the crate, thus through the felt and foam. The customer contacted us about the damage, showed us the photos and we built a new table for them and shipped it out within 2 weeks.

View attachment 203676View attachment 203677

Example 2:
Custom in Chicago. The shippers again decided that Fragile means "please break". The crates arrived in horrible condition. Some of the table was damaged including a large scratch in the sub-base and a part of the lighting stopped working. Boggles my mind how you can break 3/4" plywood in pieces.

View attachment 203678View attachment 203679
View attachment 203680

We shipped them a new sub base and replacement LED strip within days. We asked them to hire a handyman in their area to remove the rail, replace the light strip and put the rail back on. We paid for their services in full.

Example 3:
Customer in Imperial, MO. The table arrived with a dent in the raised rail, perhaps from the shippers dropping the crate. We cut a new raised rail diffuser, shipped it to them and again, they hired a local handy man to remove the rail, replace the diffuser and replace the rail. We paid for the contractor in full.

View attachment 203681

We build our tables with top of the line materials. 3/4" plwood or solid hardwood, industrial grade vinyl, high density rail foam, closed cell playing surface foam and custom stain/paint parts with a lacquer finish.

Customer service is always our top priority as well. Our mantra: Treat others as you'd want to be treated. It's that simple.
How can ya not just love this guy and his attitude? And thus fully support him and his efforts.

How it should be done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom