BBO poker tables (1 Viewer)

Here’s the thing. I’m sure Chanman makes great tables. But he also no longer offers the basic table. I’m not sure what his cheapest custom option would be, but it is probably at least twice what the BBO tables are. I could be wrong on that, and I’ll stand corrected if so.

But they’re different quality tables at different price points and I don’t think they’re really competitor products. If Chanman still offered the basic, I think you could say they were competitors. Hard to say an off the shelf table is in the same class as a custom.

I considered BBO but decided to go with @T_Chan . Won't be getting my table for a few more months.

In terms of who to go with, it depends on your price point. With @T_Chan , you can really customize a table to fit exactly what you need. He's also been very helpful throughout the process. I'm sure he's sick of my questions :).

I know BBO has a bunch of specials going right now but I don't think any table I would have gotten from there would have me as excited about my future Chanman table.

I considered BBO but built a table for less. I had never built anything before but there are plenty of threads here with how to and it came out great.

I own a BBO, my buddy owns a Chanman.
My BBO is a nice, solid table. But the only reason I got it is because right before ordering a Chanman, someone put a new BBO for sale for less than half price.

If it wasn't for that I would have a Chanman like my buddy. And probably still will have one eventually. (I really don't like the racetrack and cup holders in the racetrack on this BBO).

Does anyone know of this company and if they are good tables?
If you haven't been paying attention, it's nearly useless to ask about any other brand of table on this site. 95% of the responses you'll get will disregard your question and just tell you chanman tables are the best.
Good luck with your search - I don't have any experience with BBO, other than to say that I've seen their name around for a wile, so it is unlikely that they produce crap.

My buddy owns a BBO table; it's good. Nothing amazing, nothing that screams cheap. However, I wouldn't buy a table from BBO; I 2nd all of the comments here about going for Chanman.

If you haven't been paying attention, it's nearly useless to ask about any other brand of table on this site. 95% of the responses you'll get will disregard your question and just tell you chanman tables are the best.
Good luck with your search - I don't have any experience with BBO, other than to say that I've seen their name around for a wile, so it is unlikely that they produce crap.

I will say being new to this forum, the consensus is Chanman tables is the way to go. That made me feel good as you browse around the forum, you see a lot of satisfied Chanman customers. When I was reviewing BBO, I saw a lot of complaints from customers regarding the quality of the product deteriorating over time and bad customer service.

Again, it all depends on what you're looking for and your price point. Good luck on your search

A friend of mine owns a BBO table. It is a nice table - looks nice and nothing about it looks like they go cheap garbage on any of it. That being said I saw what he paid for it. There is ZERO VALUE for your dollar there. You can build a table, exact to specs, using the exact same material, for less than a third of what BBO charges, and all it takes is a friend and a weekend.

A friend of mine owns a BBO table. It is a nice table - looks nice and nothing about it looks like they go cheap garbage on any of it. That being said I saw what he paid for it. There is ZERO VALUE for your dollar there. You can build a table, exact to specs, using the exact same material, for less than a third of what BBO charges, and all it takes is a friend and a weekend.

And adult beverages! o_O

I have both a BBO table and a Chanman table. I would say that yes the Chanman is a better quality and the table is much more solid but the BBO has its purpose. We use the BBO more so now because it is larger than my Chanman table which was a custom. The Chanman is made from real wood, and it is heavy. The BBO on the other hand his made from some sort of board, it's not as cheap as IKEA type board but it is still some sort of manufactured wood. The felt I got on the BBO is nice. The vinyl is definitely cheap and it has some abrasions on it now as well. The chanman vinyl is definitely a better quality. Also both of my tables had folding legs and there is a difference in quality there as well, the chanman is definitely sturdy and the BBO is good enough but I don't think I would try standing on the middle of the table. I think that I may be one of the few folding tables, it is the one that is the gallery on his site. I think mine may have also be done before he changed to a different table fabric as well. The other reason I use the BBO more is that I mounted a shuffler in it and I didn't want to cut up the chanman table. I will say that the shuffler weighs like 23 lbs or so and the table has held up well even with that constant weight in it. I suspect that within the next year or two I will want to buy another table that is slightly larger and I am going to revaluate the options, I am thinking about custom again because I want to have some help with that shuffler cut out.

I keno I am rambling but I think that either table is fine you just need to look at your budget. Is this going to be a table for game night, or is this something you want an a nice piece of furniture? Are you okay with paying double for a nicer table? If so then I think pay the money, but if that is a deal breaker you will be fine with a BBO, just dont expect a custom masterpiece and try to get in on their open box deals or get a coupon.

When I started researching custom tables, I looked into BBO. Based on their builds, they seemed on the cheaper end to me, along with the materials imported from China.

This was the exact reason I went with Pharaoh Manufacturing. American sourced and American made. When I was in the showroom of Pharaoh, they actually mentioned how some of their customers came over from BBO. BBO seems to make their tables look more expensive because of the LED table line. I see it as a spoiler on a Honda Civic.

It seems like Chanman is the way to go on this forum. I haven't read a single bad thing on this forum about them. I went with Pharaoh because of a couple different options I preferred.

I wouldn't cheap out on a table. The table is the number 1 thing that makes your home game feel serious and will keep people coming back. Playing on a good table will make the poorest schlep feel like a high roller in a private game. Invest in this first and foremost.

After that, get some comfortable chairs. And then some great chips and great cards to go with them. Then, you're complete!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom