BBO Poker Table - Customer experience (1 Viewer)

Wyldfyre

Pair
Reaction score
So...I've been sitting on this for a while, but finally decided to share.
I ordered a poker table over the Christmas break and they asked for my review.

Basically I told them my story...I'll try to make a condensed version here:

Ordered the table on Dec 15th.
  • Aces Pro, with a semi custom design (template with my name on it), folding legs, cup holders and no chip tray
  • Free cover to be included
Their website says 2-5 days to ship the table, add a few days for custom designs

On Dec 23rd, I emailed them for an update as the website did not reflect any status changes.
No response.

Emailed again on Jan 8th. Expressing a little frustration. Received a response that day. Apology for the delay (holiday break) and that the table would ship the following week.

Emailed on the 17th because I still heard nothing. As I get ready to send the email, I receive multiple emails saying the table is done, who made it and how I should receive the delivery. I had already type the log email and decided to send it anyway.
At this time the customer service seemed to try to improve the experience and offered a set of their custom chips. Allowed me to pick the theme and the number of each denomination. I accepted...a part of me did not want to because I didn't want to write a poor review after them trying to make amends for the experience.
The account rep informs me the table would be delivered on Jan 24. I receive an email the next day from the delivery company saying the EARLIEST I would receive it is Jan 25th.
The great part is I received it on Jan 22nd. I was shocked but happy. I was a little excited to begin this whole Poker experience...maybe too excited??

BUT...no cover.
I write back and inform the acc rep that the table arrived, but no cover. I receive the response that they were all out of that size and will send asap. At this point I'm back to disappointed with the customer service because of my previous complaintS about lack of communication.

The table arrived in good condition and with my limited experience (one WalMart table and a dinning room table covered with felt) the table looked great, seems very sturdy/durable and I feel like I will still get some good enjoyment out of it.

At this point even with all the issues, I still found myself looking for a small round table for side games...thinking it can't always be this disappointing of an experience....

I receive another package on Jan 26th, the chips. Not only are they the wrong denomination, but the $25 are from a completely different theme/set they offer. I'm back to shock. My wife was just looking at me because I couldn't stop laughing at the whole experience.
I write back to inform the acc rep and so far...there has been no more communication.

I'm just patiently waiting for the cover at this point, I guess.

But hopefully after a year or so the table holds up and I'm overall still happy about the table.

Attachments

• 0123192239.jpg
    0123192239.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 637
  • 0123192248a.jpg
    0123192248a.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 525
  • 0125192237.jpg
    0125192237.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 565
The chip on the left is from the them I requested, the right is what I got a roll of.
Picky? Maybe...but I was hoping to get what was ordered.

I had these chips from when I had ordered a sample set of theirs late last year.

Hopefully their cards (included) are truly Copag and I get to try them out when I decide to open them.

Love my Aces Pro, it’s done well after over 6 years of continuous play. BBO was fine with customer service but I just about wanted to kill the freight company. Took a day off of work to be at home for delivery, they didn’t show up until 7 at night, then the dude didn’t want to wait while I opened it and said he wouldn’t take it back if it was damaged. Things got very tense very fast, entirely unpleasant. Table turned out fine, driver left in a huff. I wrote to BBO and never heard back. Never buying from them again and can’t reccomend them to anyone.

It's too bad you didn't come to us with questions first. I would have recommended something customized from the Chanman.

I had looked at Chanman but at the time the basic tables were out of stock and I was drawn to the "2-5" days and your table would ship statement from BBO.
Was hopeful to get it over the Christmas period.

The plan was to get this basic table and if it got used regularly, I could justify going the customized Chanman route.

Love my Aces Pro, it’s done well after over 6 years of continuous play. BBO was fine with customer service but I just about wanted to kill the freight company. Took a day off of work to be at home for delivery, they didn’t show up until 7 at night, then the dude didn’t want to wait while I opened it and said he wouldn’t take it back if it was damaged. Things got very tense very fast, entirely unpleasant. Table turned out fine, driver left in a huff. I wrote to BBO and never heard back. Never buying from them again and can’t reccomend them to anyone.

Glad to hear it holds up over time!

The driver, for me, was really good and patient with me.

I like the Aces Pro. Big fan of the dealer spot bc if I don’t have a dealer, I Iike to sit there to keep things moving. A Chanman was a lot more money for the same type of table, albeit better quality and experience. I ended up w a cheap ESPN folding table until I eventually order a Chanman when I need one. Thanks for the info and review. I hope the table lasts and holds up well.

I purchased their ultimate poker table a couple years ago and have been very happy with it. Count me as a Happy BBO customer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom