BBO Poker Chips? (1 Viewer)

Interesting. Do you know first hand the quality of his products vs bbo? I imagine the chanman one is probably superior. The custom ones on his website are way outside of my price range though haha.

Yes his tables are of real good quality. I have played on one but I cannot compare it to the BBO tables. Maybe someone else can come in

Hi
I was looking at BBO's poker tables and saw that they made chips too. Anyone have any experience with these?
https://www.bbopokertables.com/poker_table_supplies/clay-poker-chips/

I don't think any of those chips are actually made by BBO. They are sourced elsewhere and they are just reselling them. You can find most of those sets elsewhere on the internet.

As for the tables, a lot of people here support Chanman Tables. Not that there is anything wrong with BBO, we just like to take care of our own. ;)

I've had a BBO for years, and have nothing bad to say about it; you do, however, get what you pay for. It's not really high-end furniture. BBO also has higher-grade options with higher-grade prices.

The BBO has hosted lots of games, and continues to work fine, but that said, the design does not allow for things like re-upholstering or redoing the rail, which really needs it. I'll be replacing it sometime in the next year with a Chanman table, or one made here in NJ by Irish (JDC Poker Tables, another forum local.)

I could easily redo the felt or the rail on my BBO table if I wanted to. Perhaps the newer ones are easier to do that with than the older ones?

Main difference is that my Chanman table is made from 3/4" plywood and my BBO is made from 3/4" MDF. But I like the foam on the BBO better. Both are great tables though. And Chanman is awesome. So are his prices.

I don't think any of those chips are actually made by BBO. They are sourced elsewhere and they are just reselling them. You can find most of those sets elsewhere on the internet.

As for the tables, a lot of people here support Chanman Tables. Not that there is anything wrong with BBO, we just like to take care of our own. ;)

Really? BBO's video shows that they make them in house.

Thanks for the info about both. I'd only be able to afford Chanmans basic table. I also like how BBO's ultimate poker table you can add wooden legs for only 279$ and a race track is included. It appears however that chanman uses better materials. It's really a toss up for me.

Last edited:
Really? BBO's video shows that they make them in house.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwj2xI3S6L3WAhVHRCYKHT7bAesQwqsBCDMwAQ&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA

Thanks for the info about both. I'd only be able to afford Chanmans basic table. I also like how BBO's ultimate poker table you can add wooden legs for only 279$ and a race track is included. It appears however that chanman uses better materials. It's really a toss up for me.

That link didn't work for me, but it looks like you are correct. The first row of ceramic chips are noted to be "exclusive BBO designs."

Before purchasing any chip set, I'd strongly suggest researching the difference between ceramic and clay chips. Some people aren't fans of ceramics, but others are. Just know what you are getting into before you drop some serious coin on a chip set.

Also, check out the YouTube video reviews by our very own @Hobbyphilic. His clips are a great resource.

And as you'll hear a million times over as a new chip buyer looking for advice: GET SAMPLES BEFORE YOU BUY ANY SET! It's better to spend $20 to find out that it's something you don't like, than to spend $300 and be disappointed in your purchase.

;)

I could easily redo the felt or the rail on my BBO table if I wanted to. Perhaps the newer ones are easier to do that with than the older ones?

Main difference is that my Chanman table is made from 3/4" plywood and my BBO is made from 3/4" MDF. But I like the foam on the BBO better. Both are great tables though. And Chanman is awesome. So are his prices.
:eek: MDF for a poker table? From a reputable company like BBO? I'm surprised any version of their tables use MDF.

:eek: MDF for a poker table? From a reputable company like BBO? I'm surprised any version of their tables use MDF.

Yes, I have a BBO Ultimate, and it's MDF.

upload_2017-9-24_11-34-40.png

The rail is a bit thin, and is glued down, not screwed down - the racetrack side is glued on, and the bottom edge is stapled to the MDF. So removing it would be more complex than just unbolting a more typical custom-type table, and would be followed by cleaning residue off the surface, but more importantly, after you replace the vinyl and/or padding, how do you secure it? The internal structure does have bolts or bolt holes, and is likely not thick and sturdy enough to take screws from below - it was chosen based on a glue-down design. That means your upholstering technique and materials must work with a glue-down to the surface.

If I were to redo the rail, I'd likely build a replacement rail, so that I could bolt it down. That would also make the rail a lot more easily re-upholsterable for next time.

That link didn't work for me, but it looks like you are correct. The first row of ceramic chips are noted to be "exclusive BBO designs."

Before purchasing any chip set, I'd strongly suggest researching the difference between ceramic and clay chips. Some people aren't fans of ceramics, but others are. Just know what you are getting into before you drop some serious coin on a chip set.

Also, check out the YouTube video reviews by our very own @Hobbyphilic. His clips are a great resource.

And as you'll hear a million times over as a new chip buyer looking for advice: GET SAMPLES BEFORE YOU BUY ANY SET! It's better to spend $20 to find out that it's something you don't like, than to spend $300 and be disappointed in your purchase.

;)

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking at the Majestic sample set on Apache. I will buy a sample and try it out!

Thanks everyone for steering kevinnz my way, we are in talks about getting him a nice basic table with custom cloth. Also keep in mind that if you're looking for custom chips, @Gear is really close to me so if you get him to do the chips, I can probably ship them to you together.

He normally keeps a small stock of some blanks if you want to get the chips and labels from him. I'm almost certain he has a good stash of Magestics as well.

Just to update after reading for hours on this forum I ordered a sample set of the majestics and the Valentino high rollers. We'll see which I prefer. ;)

And just for the record, those rolling edges that don't match the chip face colors tilt the ever living shit outta me. Talk about a pot-counting cluster-fuck..... not to mention the potential for multiple errors by players who can't easily identify chips by colors.

Reactions: 72o
And just for the record, those rolling edges that don't match the chip face colors tilt the ever living shit outta me. Talk about a pot-counting cluster-fuck..... not to mention the potential for multiple errors by players who can't easily identify chips by colors.

Hoping that those are only prototypes... otherwise, very much this ^^^

Reactions: 72o

Hoping that those are only prototypes... otherwise, very much this ^^^

Someone clue BBO into this "mistake". If they redid the rolling edges and added more/different colors to the face, they would have a decent stock set. I mean the face background colors could be anything they wanted as long as they were different. As it stands, 3 of those 4 denoms have the same face color. (n) :thumbsdown:

Just to update after reading for hours on this forum I ordered a sample set of the majestics and the Valentino high rollers. We'll see which I prefer. ;)

I got both sets in. I think at my pricepoint I like the Majestics at 39cents a piece over the valentinos at 59 cents a piece. The print on the ceramic chips isn't super high res, it looks a little blurry to me. I think I like the feel of china clay over ceramic a lot too. The majestics look more serious as well which I really like and since the price is lower I can buy plaques for my 100$ denoms!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom