Barrington ESPN Table mod question (1 Viewer)

Rjchango

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Regarding specifically the ESPN version of this table. Under the rails are wood risers the led lights attach to. They are held on by brads. I took them off carefully but my question is how do I secure them back on?

About half or more of the original brads pulled through, and I don’t have a brad gun available. Will the rails hold them secure enough? Glue?

Anyone who has modded this table what have you done? Appreciate any answers.

66D5797F-6193-43F8-87C7-F8B1AB27C719.jpeg

So it sounds like you're asking how to reassemble the rail sections to the frame without a brad nailer?

I have the non-led Barrington table. The rail sections on mine are only held together by screws from the bottom; no brads.

Since many of the brads pulled out and you don't have a brad nailer, I might suggest simply putting the original screws back in, and if you feel it's insufficient after re-assembling simply put a few more screws in it. With enough screws it should hold securely just fine.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Thanks for the reply! So the ESPN one has a wood riser under the rail that I believe the regular Barrington doesn’t. It’s what enables the led’s to have room and what they stick to. That’s the part held on by brads. The screw for the rails go through both so that may just work although a little worried about some play between the pieces so o wanted to see if what anyone else has done.

I will definitely post pics showing what I did, hoping to finish this weekend. I have some dinner events and a poker game taking up the evenings the rest of the week so it will have to wait.

i just used a hammer and finishing nails

you don't need many as you are really just using the boards to give you a space for the lights

when you screw the rails back in it will secure the added boards

About to order either ESPN or Barrington, but concerned about difference in wood. Both appear to be made by Medal Sports https://medalsports.com/product-category/game-room/poker/

Weight - I'm seeing is all over the map depending on the website. ESPN does appear to be heavier and maybe that is due to the riser, which appears to be mdf. Barrington is supposedly made of plywood. Is the EPSN also plywood other than the riser? I'd rather have plywood and less weight.

Edit, I went with the Barrington even though it was more expensive. I had a $50 Amazon gift card so it's wasn't much more.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom