Bad spot in WSOP SnG $275.... (1 Viewer)

nitzilla

Full House
Reaction score
So I'm back, had a blast meeting Poker Zombie and ChaosRock out in Vegas, :)

This was probably the craziest spot I've found myself in at an single table sit'n'go in my life.......

3 players left in a $275, winner take all 5x$500 WSOP lammers + $120 cash (chopping always a possibility though)

Chip counts are approximate:
Hero (button): 4,000
Small Blind: 8,900
Big Blind: 2,100

Level 200/400
Hero raises to 1000 with KdQd
Small Blind calls
Big Blind goes all in
Hero and SB call

FLOP 6d Th Jd

SB bets 3000, Hero?

I'll update in a bit........ :)

Either something is very wrong with the posted stack sizes, or you're trying to level us... o_O

I guess I'm a very bad player because I can't think of a better spot to be in. Open ended with a flush draw where even if you don't take the main pot you're basically back where you started the hand. Unless the starting stacks are incorrect.

I would be inclined to put the rest of my chips in and cross my fingers Small Blind doesn't have AdTd, a J or a 6 or pair. You normally have to get a break and win some big pots to win these.

keep in mind that the vast, VAST majority of poker players are fucking horrendously terrible fucking horrible at negotiating chops.

so basically if you get to heads up in these SNGs you can figure out the most advantageous chopping scenario you can reasonably expect and the other player will want to chop so badly that he will take even what he thinks is slightly the worst of (when in reality it is the worst by a lot).

This has everything to do with the winner-take-all aspect of the SnG..........

It's like folding AA on the money bubble of a satellite tournament

In the heat of the moment, I was looking at calling all in with ~60% equity in the hand, but losing 100% if the SB beats both of us in the one hand...........

I ended up folding, SB had AsJh and BB had Qs8h, I would have won the hand when a 9s hit on the river, but the BB lost to the pair of Jacks and we then chopped the "pot" with me getting 1x 500 lammer and the $120 cash......

I've played a lot of these SnGs and never had one end in that fashion, I just thought it was an interesting spot. Any other day/tournament I snap call without thinking twice........

nitzilla

Disagree on all levels with the fold and frankly I disagree with entering the game if you're happy with 24% of the prize pool which isn't much more than doubling your buy in

^^This. I also disagree on all levels with not just open-shipping preflop - if you want to "cash" that badly, just fold and let the SB and BB have at each other...

I am never folding in this spot. Once you see that flop you have to be all in. The only time you can ever fold is if you have a dead read on someone having a set.

I can't fold this ever. The winner take all makes it even more of a call IMO. You are crippled if you fold and bb wins, so if the chop doesn't happen you are still (likely) walking away empty handed. If you aren't committed to the hand it should be a preflop fold.

Edit thought bb was the big stack sorry. Really surprised sb chopped having such a big stack.

Shove pre. As played, get it in on the flop. You have so much equity with your draws it isn't even funny. You are a 64% favorite against your two opponents in this spot. Also, the title of this thread is misleading, it's a GREAT spot, not a BAD one.

Shove pre. As played, get it in on the flop. You have so much equity with your draws it isn't even funny. You are a 64% favorite against your two opponents in this spot. Also, the title of this thread is misleading, it's a GREAT spot, not a BAD one.

well said sir.

I like the winner take all formats. I'm sometimes known as an aggressive player so they fit my style (or so I believe). A couple of years ago we did a 200.00 buy in NLHE event. Leading up to it we did several sit n go's to earn a seat a little cheaper. I won two of three that I played in and loved it.

This is what I thought too after I walked away....and yes, I wasn't happy with the outcome/cash...the situation just got me at the time to fold my way into a chop....hence the "bad spot"
I definitely took it as a learning experience and won't make the mistake again. ;)

Thanks everyone
nitzilla

Fuck chopping, I am never, never, never, never, never, never, never folding here. Ever. If people flip their cards over, I'm not folding. If Rambo sticks a gun to my gun and tells me to fold, I'm telling Rambo to eat a fat one, and not folding. Always jamming, never folding, never give up, never surrender.

Oh wow. How could you even contemplate not getting it in here? Are you making sure you earn the title of Nitzilla? [emoji2]

If my opponent flips over pocket jacks I think I still say fuck you. I got this.

So I'm back, had a blast meeting Poker Zombie and ChaosRock out in Vegas, :)

This was probably the craziest spot I've found myself in at an single table sit'n'go in my life.......

3 players left in a $275, winner take all 5x$500 WSOP lammers + $120 cash (chopping always a possibility though)

Chip counts are approximate:
Hero (button): 4,000
Small Blind: 8,900
Big Blind: 2,100

Level 200/400
Hero raises to 1000 with KdQd
Small Blind calls
Big Blind goes all in
Hero and SB call

FLOP 6d Th Jd

SB bets 3000, Hero?

I'll update in a bit........ :)

Puts all his chips in the middle. There are not many flops better than that for your hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom