Bad quality poker chips bought on Amazon (1 Viewer)

forrest

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to PCF.

A couple of month ago, I bought my first set of chips (1000 chips) from Amazon "MRC 1000pcs Ultimate Laser Poker Chips Set". The product has a 5-star rating on amazon and the description says the "chips are made of clay".

I however got super disappointed the time I received the chips. The chips turned out to be ABS metal chips and each of them weights >14g. What's worse, 80% of the chips have rough edges (see attached Fig).

Do you guys have such experience before and what did you do with those "bad quality" chips?

(I later on bought Royal poker chips from Apacher and was very happy with them).

Attachments

• B1DUCe-oGTS._SL1600_.jpg
    B1DUCe-oGTS._SL1600_.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 266
Do you guys have such experience before and what did you do with those "bad quality" chips?
My 3000 piece Claysmith set went to my daughter when she moved out on her own (she was 20 at the time) so she could start the occasional poker night with her friends at her place. Perfect use for cheap sluggos.

My 3000 piece Claysmith set went to my daughter when she moved out on her own (she was 20 at the time) so she could start the occasional poker night with her friends at her place. Perfect use for cheap sluggos.
That's great idea. I can probably give it away to my friends who are new to poker. ;)

My first set was dice chips and they went to my nephew.
My second set was still slugged plastics, sold at a yard sale.
Took me a couple swings and misses to figure this chipping thing out.

My first set was dice chips and they went to my nephew.
My second set was still slugged plastics, sold at a yard sale.
Took me a couple swings and misses to figure this chipping thing out.
In my opinion, the dice chips are nicer than slugged plastics. The dice chips have smoother edges and are lighter than the slugged plastics. And it feels awful to shuffle heavy metal slug chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom