Bad eBay Etiquette (1 Viewer)

FWIW - My two cents is that this is not the sellers primary account, he probably made a bid from his real account (i.e. the "winning" bid) near the end of the auction when the current bid was less than he wanted to accept or they just backed out at the last minute. Not surprising with a 1 feedback and opened account in Oct-2019. I wont buy from them and I'm a little suspicious when I sell to them (by them I mean low feedback).

I would have just listed it with a price (for sale) or with a reserve in an auction (or a starting bid at the min I would accept).

Good luck finding a set you like.

So, let's get this out of the way since I can now respond to the forum as I am a new member. The first auction ended with good reason and no violation of the eBay rules occurred and the high bidder accepted the turn out of the situation and was very happy as he did not even care for the box. Hence no bad feedback and the account is in good condition without any negative marks. I set up my own account to move some of my Paulson Classic Chips as I had asked someone to post them. I posted chips that I have never used or may be used once or twice but they have sat for almost a decade. The one box set that was damaged is now being sold without the box and just the chips are being moved. I placed the other set up for auction under my own account that I set up. Nothing nefarious has taken place nor has anyone been cheated or lied to. The current high bidder on the chips with a high bid of $2,450.00 demanded an explanation or was going to REPORT to eBay. My only response was REPORT... I went to cancel his bid but he already removed it under the lie he bid the wrong amount. Sooooooo you people have a great day and avoid COVID and stupidity if possible.

1B609B1C-536A-4270-893B-19CA7C7E739C.gif

Last edited:
Everyone wants the chips and don't care about the BOX and accessories. All requests except for 3 have been about chips and more chips. At this rate, I will cut into the 750 box-set by the end of today. Also, since I have no feedback and there is a bit of controversy in regards to this situation people are cautious about spending upwards of $2k-$3k on the set. Even with all the safeguards offered by PayPal and eBay.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to me ending the current auction that I have up. Good timing! I have explained ending the very first auction already.

Everyone wants the chips and don't care about the BOX and accessories. All requests except for 3 have been about chips and more chips. At this rate, I will cut into the 750 box-set by the end of today. Also, since I have no feedback and there is a bit of controversy in regards to this situation people are cautious about spending upwards of $2k-$3k on the set. Even with all the safeguards offered by PayPal and eBay.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to me ending the current auction that I have up. Good timing! I have explained ending the very first auction already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so far all you Drunk Monkey naysayers have been wrong! Not only about the situation but about the chip value as well. Amazes me how each of you spouts off as if you know the absolute reality of a given situation.

Well, so far all you Drunk Monkey naysayers have been wrong! Not only about the situation but about the chip value as well. Amazes me how each of you spouts off as if you know the absolute reality of a given situation.
Were you furiously jerking off while you wrote that? Because it had an undertone of that.

I don’t drink nor know the situation but Since u said monkey ill offer some free advice. These boys/girls aroun here know their shit. Better off to ask for advice then preach.

#GonnaLearnGonnaLearn

Next time ill send you an invoice.

I don’t drink nor know the situation but Since u said monkey ill offer some free advice. These boys/girls aroun here know their shit. Better off to ask for advice then preach. #GonnaLearnGonnaLearn

Next time ill send you an invoice.
I agree with that but on this hand, I did ask for advice and got sht for it and the wrong advice none the less. Not from all these fine folks but those yahoooos trying to tell you what the chips are worth (and trying to buy) and well they were wrong all across the board but close on the $1, $5 but still off.... Telling people to watch out for you due to there keen insight on NOTHING! Just because you legally pull down an eBay auction. Then all the BS trying to take place on the PM and trapping attempts. Very disappointing but still willing to listen and learn but will pay much less attention to some folks on PCF!

You got $6-$7.50 each for the higher denoms and $3-$4 each for the lowers. That seems to be about the prevailing rate, especially for eBay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom