Bad beats with AA (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Just want to complain about two bad beats tonight!

First hand in late position with AA. Limps around to me and I raise to 4BB.
SB jams. I call. He shows AhQh and flops the nut flush.

Second hand in middle position with AA. Limps to me and this time I make it 7bb.
LP calls. Flop is 467r. I cbet pot he jams, I call. He shows 3s5s for the flopped straight.

Ugh! Thanks for reading. Fold AA pre!

how-unfortunate-never.jpg

Oh yeah. This thread is my jam. My high pocket pairs tend to get cracked more often in my circle of players than they do for anyone else.

Most recent story is that I had AA on the button in a T10000 tournament. It was the third level of play and I maybe had 15 or 20 BB left after getting coolered once already the previous level. I make it 5 BB on the button. SB folds and BB calls defending his button.

Flop comes out TT3 rainbow. BB check raises me all in and he turns over 10, 3 suited for the boat. I rebought and came in 2nd for the night, so it wasn't all bad, but I had to take a walk after that one.

String of bad luck. Can't always win with pocket Aces

You bet amounts seem alright. Now you just have to learn how to focus on not letting their be bad cards on the turn and river

Calling a 7BB raise with 3,5, wow...
At least there's low end straight draws there. Not like calling 5BB with 10, 3 offsuit on the big blind.

Yes, I am still mad that my aces cracked to 10, 3 offsuit.

I lost 2 buy ins last night in less than 30 mins.......that pokerrr2 app hates me :(. Had aces cracked both times by pocket queens. One pre flop all in and another on the flop. One hit turn Q and the other a river Q. Got to go to bed early at least.

I lost 2 buy ins last night in less than 30 mins.......that pokerrr2 app hates me :(. Had aces cracked both times by pocket queens. One pre-flop all in and another on the flop. One hit turn Q and the other a river Q. Got to go to bed early at least.

Same happen to me last week when I was playing on BetOnline. Whats worse is that the small blind called my 5x bb raise (AA) from the CO with 62s and jammed on the flop with an OESD to hit. ugh. I lost 2 buy-ins on that hand after battling battling back over the next 85 hands too. I started off by loose a flip and getting felted on the second hand of the session That was painful. Poker is a cruel, cruel mistress. lol. I do love her though.

Hosting a tournament a few years ago. The villain still catches crap for this.
HERO: AA
VILLAIN: 99

VILLAIN: Raises to 5x flop.
HERO: pushes all in.
VILLAIN: ponders for a while.
VILLAIN: Calls
Both: turn over 99 and AA

Another player says to VILLAIN- what the hell did you think he had?

VILLAIN: I put him on Jacks

Whole table: Jacks still beat 9s dumbass.
Luckily VILLAIN was not rewarded for such tomfoolery.

Last edited:
Ugh! Thanks for reading. Fold AA pre!
I've been on both ends of getting aces cracked. I can feel your pain.

But in one regular cash game of no-limit holdem I've played in dozens of times, I've seen AA cracked so many times that I came up with a saying (about AA or any other big pocket pair): "those one pair hands rarely hold up."

AA will lose approximately 1 in 6 times to any two random cards. Start adding players and the odds lessen. That’s why it’s imperative to bet big enough to isolate to a few players for all their chips. You still have the big advantage, but letting too many players in cheaply only makes the chances of getting them cracked go higher. In fact, AA against 9 opponents all the way to the river only has a 31% chance of winning!

I am perfectly happy playing pocket aces vs nine villains and getting 31% of the equity having put in 10% of the money. That's a solid 21% win rate worth over two full buy-ins! Sign me up for every hand.

Sure you only win 31% of the time, so are disappointed frequently. But in the end my wallet is going to be much fatter.

Let's play -=- DrStrange

To add to what the good Dr. said... getting it in against several opponents is just fine.

However calling post flop against several or even one opponent against lots of strength is often times very bad... dare I say a leak.

Second hand in middle position with AA. Limps to me and this time I make it 7bb.
LP calls. Flop is 467r. I cbet pot he jams, I call. He shows 3s5s for the flopped straight.

I don't consider OP's second hand a bad beat... its a bad flop... and it sucks that he was outflopped... but that should be a pretty easy (at least not an instacall) fold against most opponents.

Hosting a tournament a few years ago. The villain still catches crap for this.
HERO: AA
VILLAIN: 99

VILLAIN: Raises to 5x flop.
HERO: pushes all in.
VILLAIN: ponders for a while.
VILLAIN: Calls
Both: turn over 99 and AA

Another player says to VILLAIN- what the hell did you think he had?

VILLAIN: I put him on Jacks

Whole table: Jacks still beat 9s dumbass.
Luckily VILLAIN was not rewarded for such tomfoolery.
Had a similar situation last weekend, except Villain flopped a set and got another 9 on the river for quads. It hurt but I can't get too mad about losing to four of a kind.

Luckily I just had him covered and built those few chips back up to a half decent stack but eventually cashed out even.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom