Bad Beat Re-Buy chip (1 Viewer)

Doubling the starting stacks does not double the length of the tournament. A rebuy will add a little bit to the tournament time, but its timing is important. A rebuy at the 1 hour mark will lengthen the tournament more than if it’s at the 3 hour mark.

@TexRex , so much good information in your post. Thank you for sharing. Its a real goldmine of knowledge.

I am literally on my way to an event and had a quick break. One quick comment is on the importance of the timing of the re-buy/add on.

I was nervous about the timing of the top-off when making the blind structure last night.. it did work out well, but having your information helps me to understand the issue more clearly.

Last night, for the first time, everyone had a re-buy chip that they could use for a re-buy or a top off(at the appropriated time) FOR FREE. We had used the re-buy chip many times, but always for an additional cost. This new way was amazing.

Here is the blind sheet used yesterday...
20220123_120804.jpg

Post game report...?

It was probably the best game we've had. That has been said multiple times over the last 2 years, and so last night outshines many other good evenings.

The fellow who initiated the conversation on the difficulties he had with the old blind structure won. It was his first time winning.

The pace and tone of the game was great. Such a difference have the blinds being less aggressive.

We used the Shuffletech shuffler for the second time. Its been a great addition to our poker nights. As one of the regulars said, "it's a game changer".

The next piece of equipment that I will be looking into is a timing system. I would like 2 timers the are able to communicate with each other and be controlled electronically. I'm sure its out there somewhere.

Also.... got to get another trophy designed and made. This one is full now..(all 4 sides).
20220123_152440.jpg

@LotsOfChips Thank you so much for your help on this project of creating a better game/experience. There are others that commented too, that i would like to tha k directly too...(been wanting to for about a weel now :) )

You need a timer that works on 2 separate locations but are synced together? Use your laptop, a HDMI cable, and a tv. Set the laptop to mirror the display on the tv. Simple, easy, effective.

You need a timer that works on 2 separate locations but are synced together? Use your laptop, a HDMI cable, and a tv. Set the laptop to mirror the display on the tv. Simple, easy, effective.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I like to have the tv available for sports that might be on....

Perhaps a labtop that connects to some sort of device could be an alternative. Size matters. I would rather be able to have something that has the ability to hang on the wall.. something i can put up during a game, then take down after.

I do like your thinking though. Just having one on the wall and synced to a labtop could hold me over for a bit.

I notice that your blind increases are a bit bumpy:

L1-L2 = 100% (nature of the game here, with lowest chip, not much you can do about it really)
L2-L3 = 50%
L3-L4 = 33%
L4-L5 = 33%
L5-L6 = 66%
L6-L7 = 40%
L7-L8 = 14%
L8-L9 = 50%
L9-L10 = 33%
L10-L11 = 25%
L11-L12 = 100% (Note that you have L11 twice - I'm renumbering everything past the first L11)
L12-L13 = 100%
L13-L14 = 25%
L14-L15 = 60%
L15-L16 = 25%
L16-L17 = 100%

Fine if you are happy with it, but having a couple of 100% jumps late in the tournament bracketed by 25% jumps is one of my pet peeves. It really sucks if you are short stack and find yourself UTG or UTG+1 with a minute or two left and know your upcoming blind will double because one player decides to tank over an easy decision... (This is also susceptible to players angle shooting by deliberately slowing the play to put added pressure on short stacks facing a blind in the next few minutes)

The 14% increase at L7-L8 seems a bit odd as well. Again, fine if you are happy with it, but some minor tweaking to smooth out the increase percentages might make your next game even better!

I think that the way you implemented antes seems pretty smooth.

@LotsOfChips
Thank you so much. The observation is well received here.

This was done on the fly... in that, guest had already started to arrive as I was doing this. (Super busy on this end with a variety of things due).

I will certainly put more time in on this.( i hadn't noticed the jumps/bumpiness. From where we were coming from, it was smooth. I'm all for improving)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom