Bad Beat Rant! (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Playing anonymous 6-max 5NL fast fold poker today on Ignition.
SB has $1.75
UTG has $4.80
Hero has $4.66

I'm in +1 with :jc::js:.
UTG opens for $0.15
I call
CO calls
SB calls

We go 4 ways to the flop which is :qh::jd::7c:
SB jams his short stack
UTG calls
I over jam for $4.66 thinking worse case I am up against a set of 7s or two pair (KQ). I calculated it in Pokercruncher afterwards and I have 91.5% equity on this jam against their actual hole cards.
CO folds
UTG calls. Pot is $11.77

Turn is :9d: and river is :ts:.

So the board is :qh::jd::7c::9d::ts:

SB shows :kd::7d: for the straight. UTG shows :kc::qs: for the straight. Took me two hours to grind it back - ugh.

I did river a straight flush later after jamming turn with a combo draw (I had :7d: :8d:) that came in so at least the math gods were good to me!

Straight flush.JPG

This should help you for next time you get JJ. It helped me. :tup:

Language warning.

I die laughing after the second hand in the video when he gets called off by 3 8 offsuit and loses. Every time.

This will make you feel better...guaranteed!!

WSOP Main Event 2016:

I had a 1/10th stake in my buddy Mike and he runs into this on day 2.

Chip Stacks
Mike = 130k
Villain (V) = 90k

Preflop: Mike AA. Raises preflop and gets 1 caller.

Flop = A, rag, rag. No straight or flush possibility. Mike bets half the pot, and Villain calls.

Turn = K. Mike makes a pot sized bet, villain moves all in and Mike calls.

Mike shows AAA
Villain shows KKK and says, "that's what I put you on". The table erupted in laughter at the stupid comment.

River.... an f'n "K"

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a runout worse than this (yes/no?). Villian needed those 2 cards to come on the turn and the river....and got both of them.

I was on the phone with my wife at the time and almost threw my phone at the wall because I was so pissed.

Now for the good news. Mike took his 45k and rallied back to $188k by the end of day 2. AND knocked the villain out of the tournament later in the day. :D

This will make you feel better...guaranteed!!

WSOP Main Event 2016:

I had a 1/10th stake in my buddy Mike and he runs into this on day 2.

Chip Stacks
Mike = 130k
Villain (V) = 90k

Preflop: Mike AA. Raises preflop and gets 1 caller.

Flop = A, rag, rag. No straight or flush possibility. Mike bets half the pot, and Villain calls.

Turn = K. Mike makes a pot sized bet, villain moves all in and Mike calls.

Mike shows AAA
Villain shows KKK and says, "that's what I put you on". The table erupted in laughter at the stupid comment.

River.... an f'n "K"

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a runout worse than this (yes/no?). Villian needed those 2 cards to come on the turn and the river....and got both of them.

I was on the phone with my wife at the time and almost threw my phone at the wall because I was so pissed.

Now for the good news. Mike took his 45k and rallied back to $188k by the end of day 2. AND knocked the villain out of the tournament later in the day. :D

Wow he bucked the odds on that one for sure!!

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a runout worse than this (yes/no?).

You are correct, this is the perfect-perfect run-out. Needing one of two cards on the turn and the other on the river is the least likely run-out.

Another version of this is a villian having 3 parts of a straight flush with two gaps. ( :ks::js: in villian's hand with the :9s: on the board needing exactly :qs: and :ts: to win, for example)

But both versions are two perfect cards with two cards to come.

Decided I had to run the math, assuming such a villian only knows his own cards he has to catch one of two cards out of remaining 47 unseen and then one card out of 46. So by my math that's 1080-1.

Frequent enough where you should see it happen at least a few times in a lifetime. But obviously this is more difficult than a one outer on the river because it's a parlay with a two outer on the turn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201101-105645.png
    Screenshot_20201101-105645.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 73

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom