Back out on the felt tonight ... (1 Viewer)

Felt_Lizard

Flush
Reaction score
Well players, Daddy's hosting again tonight. We'll start with a small ring game micro-stakes until about 9pm when we'll go to a one full table tourney (T1000, like...17 min blinds?) then probably back down to .25/.50 (50-100 typical buy-in).

Changes:. That lock box for the cash, and the hotstamp Bud Jones Diecars I picked up last month.

Asm Royal Cardroom group buy chips for the tourney.

Cheap beer and bourbon.
Wish me luck....

Last edited:
Opening shot:. Seating buttons, chips, cards, DB..
IMG_20210506_201620713.jpg

Friend mine is hosting. I don't think he has a roller, but there likely will be trash chips...and trash players...

Broke out the Bud Jones solid diecar hotstamp cash set for the first time. The players were pretty blown away by them.

Made 70$ in the cash game. People go so degen when rears the many headed hydra of Omaha...

Last edited:
Another game tonight. My brother bringing over co-workers. That means 3 games in three nights including the cash game tomorrow night.

I must steele myself. I will be strong.

Played .25/.50 for 8 hours straight with this crowd, and they were power-liquoring and folks were adding on $100's every 20 minutes.

Second time out using the hotstamp diecars (Love'em). You know what comment I hear the most when I show up with chips? "I really like these because they have the values right on them!"

I only made $ 20. A whole table of candy and babies and I made $20. I need to change my forum name to Felt_Donkey.
IMG_20210515_204421161.jpg

I just pissed away about $500 into the .25/.50 game. I did it in about 3 hours.

For you math hammer beginners out there, this is a bad night, proportionately.

We need not discuss my emotional catalog right now....

I just pissed away about $500 into the .25/.50 game. I did it in about 3 hours.

For you math hammer beginners out there, this is a bad night, proportionately.

We need not discuss my emotional catalog right now....
You buyin $50 at a time? Or does it play deeper?

Last night they wanted to "sprinkle" in some other games. They mentioned split pot games and multiple draw stuff. I was thoroughly braced for hi-lo and badugi.

What I got instead was mostly HE, and another game they called 5-2-2. One of the guys constantly plays in the local clubs, and brought this home from there. Omaha variant: 5 cards to you, 2 boards, 2 winners....played for only the high. Kinda weird that it was high only, (I thought Omaha was supposed to encourage a lot of multi-way action), but whatever.

This group wasn't accustomed to the structure of Omaha hands or reading double boards.

Bought in at 60, got out-kicked a couple of times, rebought for 80, and cashed out at 540.

Also...I didn't drink....

5-2-2 sounds like Gods Game to me. 5 card Omaha double board High only. Never heard of it as 5-2-2 but same concept.

Gotta get them playing Sviten or Draw2maha tricky one but awesome game!

Screenshot_20210604-132121_Drive.jpg

Sviten is very similar but you can draw 1 to all 5. If you draw one it is given face up. You decide if you want it or you can draw another single and its face down. An extra round of betting before the turn. Other than that it is identical to above

Ok, I like the look of that, and the old school draw tribute.

I'mma pitch it when we get down to 4 to 6 players..

Hit the card room a couple times and have bled off a good portion of my bank roll. I blame 5-2-2 bomb pots (I 'm used to them now) and really loose big callers.....

Need to get these home games rolling...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom