Back from the dead (1 Viewer)

Teach me your ways.

Strict Keto (real keto, not low-ish carbs paleo pretend keto) and when the energy levels from the keto kick in, start walking. I dropped 200 pounds from my peak to my recent lows. Put 20 back on because I lost too much. Now Working on taking 5 back off. I now know my target. Also working on strength training to get some lean muscle mass on. If you're serious, I have a good book or 2 to recommend on the diet. When the weight starts falling off, and the energy starts coming back, I have a strong recommendation on zone 2 heart rate training.

To be honest, if you actually commit to the lifestyle, there is no deprivation, no will power required, and it all just clicks into place. It's actually completely addictive. You just have to be sure to really understand the diet and stick out the adaptation phase (2-8 weeks depending on individual differences). Plus the increased mental clarity, energy and mood elevation are a nice side effect.

Strict Keto (real keto, not low-ish carbs paleo pretend keto) and when the energy levels from the keto kick in, start walking. I dropped 200 pounds from my peak to my recent lows. Put 20 back on because I lost too much. Now Working on taking 5 back off. I now know my target. Also working on strength training to get some lean muscle mass on. If you're serious, I have a good book or 2 to recommend on the diet. When the weight starts falling off, and the energy starts coming back, I have a strong recommendation on zone 2 heart rate training.

To be honest, if you actually commit to the lifestyle, there is no deprivation, no will power required, and it all just clicks into place. It's actually completely addictive. You just have to be sure to really understand the diet and stick out the adaptation phase (2-8 weeks depending on individual differences). Plus the increased mental clarity, energy and mood elevation are a nice side effect.
Yeah but who wants mental clarity? Give me my bourbon and take my money :)

Kudos on making the shift in how you fuel your body and making your health a priority.

Are you measuring your ketones whilst eating keto? I have read up a lot about ketogenic eating as I'm getting ready to make the shift myself, and it's important when transitioning to make sure you are in the correct range of ketones in your body. Eating foods where are deemed keto can still throw you out of ketosis especially if one isn't eating the right amount of fats with their meal as their body isn't fully yet adapted to ketogenic eating.

There is essentially a learning curve whilst making the switch that is best aided by using the tools available to make sure one is truly in ketosis and not just guessing.

I absolutely measure my ketones. Daily at a minimum. And my blood sugar. I'm going to start a keto thread as I'm getting a lot of interest and have learned a lot along the way I'm happy to share. Hopefully some of it can be useful.
Ive got some really great videos on the misconception of fat and cholesterol I can share. Sugar is the real evil and controlling insulin spikes from carbs and unknown food allergies.

LMAO....facebook never ceases to amaze me with their ability to monitor your every move, even on other websites like PCF. This just popped up on FB. I assure you, I've never searched chicken chips in google or FB or on any other platform for that matter. @Chippy McChiperson , it looks like they liked your use of the word flocking...LOL!!

Screenshot_20211006-194509_Chrome.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom