B-Mold with 1” Inlays? (1 Viewer)

Ronoh

Full House
Reaction score
Has anyone done them, or wanted to do them and was advised against? CPC site shows 7/8 and oversized as suggested inlay sizes for Bmold (but 7/8 is all that’s recommended for CSQ and 1” works great). I asked here awhile back but no one seemed to know, figured I’d ask again before bothering David with the question. Thanks!

Wish I had some kind of advice to offer... we have Lcrown, Hmold, CSQ, and a few others (A mold maybe? Some duplicate molds listed) with oversized inlays... don't think we have any Bmolds. But all the oversized inlays we do have look fabulous imo

Has anyone done them, or wanted to do them and was advised against? CPC site shows 7/8 and oversized as suggested inlay sizes for Bmold (but 7/8 is all that’s recommended for CSQ and 1” works great). I asked here awhile back but no one seemed to know, figured I’d ask again before bothering David with the question. Thanks!
Lemme check my sample sets, but I don't remember any B-molds with 1" inlays.

To be clear I’m not interested in the oversized 1 1/16” inlays, just 1” :)

I think our samples are mixed between "oversized" and 1"
Probably should have been a little clearer in my post above

To be clear I’m not interested in the oversized 1 1/16” inlays, just 1” :)
I found four B-mold sample sets, all 7/8" inlays. Bunch of cirsqr sample chips with 1", though.

I found four B-mold sample sets, all 7/8" inlays. Bunch of cirsqr sample chips with 1", though.
Thanks. Yeah, P&P is 1”CSQ so I know they work well even though site recommendation is only for 7/8. I found it odd that Bmold specifies 7/8 and 1-1/16... that, along with the evidence that no 1” Bmold sets exist makes me think there must be a reason that they just don’t work.

Not sure if these are 1” or 1 1/16” but I’m gonna say don’t do it.
6CB7837C-A9F4-48AB-9488-28B41161857F.jpeg

Stick to 7/8”
CC59FAEF-5D43-4D25-9F67-BD203927EB37.jpeg

Not sure if these are 1” or 1 1/16” but I’m gonna say don’t do it.
I think those are the larger size. 1" should just fill in the recess.
Yeah, the Burning Benjamin’s are 1 1/16. On CSQ the 1” does indeed fill the recess, my thought was perhaps the center circle on Bmold is just slightly smaller which causes spinners or something. I’ll see what David has to say

I went with 7/8 inch inlays for my B-mold order. Aesthetically speaking that looks the best, I think. If David says 1 inch inlays won't work, I trust him.

Personally I would only do it on molds that were designed for it (FDL , no-mold , flame, etc). It looks odd with anything over 7/8. I think it’s visually weird if there is no space between the inlay and the inner ring.

Personally I would only do it on molds that were designed for it (FDL , no-mold , flame, etc). It looks odd with anything over 7/8. I think it’s visually weird if there is no space between the inlay and the inner ring.
I prefer it without the empty space. CSQ is only recommended for 7/8 but 1” work well in my opinion.
72DC5AF3-061F-408E-A615-4644E9A86DF9.jpeg

A1536663-1444-4E30-B8DA-FFF5BEDD65D6.jpeg

E943B478-C631-4431-A4AB-457055065C12.jpeg

If David says 1 inch inlays won't work, I trust him.
Absolutely, as soon as he got back to me I took the option of 1” B-mold off the table :(

Thanks for the input guys, think I have a basic handle on which route I’m going to take :)

Anyone happen to know if CPC minimums are based on per order or if they are limited to per mold? In a nutshell I have four more P&P chips to get done to get to the point where I’ll feel it’s “finished” but those four chips only need to total a couple hundred chips collectively. If this set ends up being something other than CSQ can a CSQ order be piggybacked on to it that wouldn’t otherwise meet CPC minimums on its own?

I assume minimums are per mold but would be happy to hear I’m wrong :D

David has a different set of policies he applies to add on chips or meet ups if The mold is loaded
Yeah, these would be add-ons only in the context of having the name Pillage & Plunder, otherwise it’s just four new chips. I just wasn’t certain if order minimums were mold specific or if one could potentially, for example, place “an order” for 1200 B-Mold (seven different chips) and 200 CSQ (four different chips).

I assume minimums must be met on each mold but figured I’d ask if anyone knows for certain to avoid spending $1000 on chips I don’t “need” by adding CSQ chips to another molds order.

May all be moot, i may end up going CSQ with the new set anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom