AZ, Vegas water (2 Viewers)

What about Canada annexing the US? :)
This weekend our capital and government is paralyzed again because of some scary citizens planning to ride through on motorcycles. Our government is afraid of its own people because it is actively working against their best interests. No chance would we pose a risk to the USA even if our solider brought his gun.

I always liked George Carlin's explanation. Save the Planet. The Planet is not going anywhere, we are. There was also an answer to why we are here. The planet wanted plastic, and could not make it, so we were made to make plastic. Why are we here? Plastic.
In reality, there is only so much water in the area and the usage has outpaced the incoming supply. Vegas will no longer be an oasis in the desert, it will be a desert again. I have often wondered how much imported beer and bottled water adds to the downstream water table, has to be significant. Will global warming add water into the atmosphere and flood the mountains? Will la Nina add more water next cycle? Will the sun entering the next solar cycle add turbulence and increase evaporation of the ocean to replenish the snow packs? I dunno, but in 5 billion years or less, the big nuclear furnace 93 million miles away will grow into a red giant and eat the planet, so there is that.

Water rights are definitely smart, but yeah, eminent domain will take them if needed for a golf course that generates more tax revenues than your family farm.

Ok, let my adjust my tin hat and head back to the bunker.....

T

I think central Colorado has dodged most of the wildfire bullet. Good rain has taken places out of drought designation. My area has has really good rain recently too. It’s unlikely a big fire would go through hear right now…

I like that Vegas is at least trying. Not sure what is going on in PHX
https://apple.news/AlLt3aWAvTMyWV5FciEVhAQ

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BNM
Israel got out in front of their anticipated water problems decades ago. They are masters of water usage. The west needs to do what they do and quickly.

So when will they start cutting water to homes in PHx metro? People just don’t get it, wealthy people in particular don’t get it. You can’t buy what isn’t there. Why anyone can put in a lawn or swimming pool in AZ or Vegas is insane. The feds will cut that pipeline soon enough
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/16/us/c...uts-lake-mead-negotiations-climate/index.html
Wealth buys politicians, or more accurately, it pays for campaign contributions which buy campaign ads that influence how voters vote, thus keeping the politicians in office.

Rest assured, there will be towns struggling with a water shortage, fully denying any sort of climate change. Meanwhile The Bellagio will continue to squirt water into the desert air.

So when will they start cutting water to homes in PHx metro? People just don’t get it, wealthy people in particular don’t get it. You can’t buy what isn’t there. Why anyone can put in a lawn or swimming pool in AZ or Vegas is insane. The feds will cut that pipeline soon enough
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/16/us/c...uts-lake-mead-negotiations-climate/index.html
Add your water harvesting systems while you may. Some states and municipalities prevent it. More will follow suit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom