Awful Motel Experience and Ruined Holiday... (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm still speechless. I don't think I've ever been subject to such poor service and lack of tact.
My wife and I drove our kids to a popular vacation spot here in mid-western Ontario. It's a little town called Sauble Beach and is located along lake Huron. The place we were staying at was called Sauble Beach Lodge. It was pretty bad tbh. But it is located next to where our close friends have their cottage.

We had been in our room for five minutes when our friends called and asked if we were on the road. When we told them we were actually already here they came up and met us at our room. That's when everything went f'n out of control...
A manager walked past our door, which was still open while our friends waited for us to get our 2, 5 and 7 year old into their swim trunks. She asks what the hell are these people doing in our room. My wife says they just walked up and we're all going to the beach.

The woman insists in horrible English that they are staying in our room. To which I start laughing and tell her that they are our friends and have their own cottage across the way. She isn't having it. She tells us four times after that she is refunding our money and we have to leave immediately.
My wife in tears and shaking mad starts packing back up the few things we started to put in the fridge. I call the OPP, our version of state police.

A huge argument starts outside and spills into the office about the validity of this decision. But we no longer want to stay here regardless. After we have the room vacated she goes through the room to inspect it and takes us back to the office. After getting her ape son, husband to accompany her behind the desk she laughs and tells us she's not refunding anything!

I go absolutely fucking bananas and immediately call the police back and inform them that they had better get an officer here quick because things are escalating and I'm about to beat the shit out of this manager's son who is laughing at us.
After the police show up they begrudgingly give up everything but one night's rent. Which is bullshit because 10 minutes hardly constitutes fair use. Especially considering that the decision to remove us was just that. Their decision.

Ruined vacation, sobbing kids and ripped off. Absolutely no fucking reason for things to have gone this way. Until we started writing a review. Seems these guys do this quite often. Double book a room at busy season, kick one out before the other family arrives and keep their money...

Lawsuit coming...:cool:

That is next....
I'm told by someone who is fluent in the regulations here concerning things like this and tell me that there is a 1 hour threshold that is used for the 1 night rule. Either way. I know we'll get all of our money back. But it still sucks for my kids. It's the last hoorah before the school year starts for them. And something we've done for a few years now. We've had this booked since April. Which is probably the problem. They can get more money for that room tonight. Possibly triple what we paid.

Last edited:
But nothing a camp fire and some smores can't fix when you're a kid.

IMG_20170830_2007380.jpg
IMG_20170830_2007160.jpg
IMG_20170830_2006340.jpg

That's effing horrible! So sorry you've had such a crappy experience! Hopefully karma will open up a can of whoopass on those people...

That's effing horrible! So sorry you've had such a crappy experience! Hopefully karma will open up a can of whoopass on those people...
Lol. Planes fall out of the sky all time... :whistle: :whistling:

I've also heard that angry people often drink excessively around camp fires and throw gallons of latex paint in outdoor pools...maybe I'll meet such a gent. :sneaky::LOL: :laugh:

Wow. that was messed up.

Definitely write a detailed review on yelp/ trip adviser and anywhere else on the web that matters.

Also you might be inclined to purchase a domain name like Saublebeachhotelsucks.com and set up a page holder with the experience so anyone searching for that hotel./ motel will see your site in search results.

Does Sauble Beach have any kind of a tourism agency/bureau? They'd probably like to know about local businesses giving their town a shitty reputation.
As a matter of fact it does. And this was considered last night around the fire. We will be going today to report them as well as contacting the BBB.

+1 to credit card charge advice. The CC companies will go to war over fraud, they have helped me many times. Make sure to complain to the local tourist office (or equivalent) and give bad reviews on any and every site that makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom