Available for Design Help - Information Thread (1 Viewer)

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Seems like there are quite a few of the designers on here are taking breaks for a little while. With that in mind I'm making my services available for members of PCF. I realize I'm a newer face around here, but poker and custom poker chips have been a passion of mine for a long time. I'll gather up some of my past projects in the next couple days and post in this thread.

For now a couple recent project threads I can recall:
----------------------

How does the process work?
To start I'd suggest finding a few examples of themes/styles that you like like (not necessarily poker chips) and have in mind for an inlay. I find that helps more than anything in getting us on the same page quickly.

For the design process itself - Some clients know exactly what they want and just need a pro's touch to bring it to life, and others need to see a few ideas to sort of flesh out. I like to start out by doing a few rough drafts or a couple options to consider. Sometimes just seeing some options and ideas is all you need to get the ball rolling in one direction.

Once a loose draft is somewhat settled on, we'll add details and fine tune it from there, and finally work on completing the rest of the denominations and finally providing you with the print ready files. Along the way I've got no issues providing you with the works in progress so that you can mock them up on your chips.

What are your rates and how do you bill?
Rates: my rates are typically billed hourly. PM for an estimate. Typically to develop a couple rough drafts it could be anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on the complexity etc. after that revisions are usually fairly quick. I'll typically provide an estimate of how much time I think I need to complete the job and if we are running over I'll let you know.

Billing is via PayPal at the end of the project.

What about final print ready files?
Upon completion of the project I will provide final files to you in a variety of file formats that will be compatible with your chosen manufacturer.

Creative Brief
These are some basic questions that will help guide the design process and identify any limitations or considerations when working on your project. Answer these as best as you can to get your project on the right track.
  • What are some themes and styles that interest you for this set?
  • What denominations are you planning on for this set now? Any future denominations planned?
  • Inlay Size? Shape? Hot Stamp?
  • Manufacturer, if known?
  • Any colours that should be used? Avoided?
  • Deadline, or ideal timeline?
  • Any other projects to consider at the same time or down the road? (ie: dealer buttons, etc)
------------

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to chat.

-Tim

Last edited:
Just popping in to vouch for Tim. His designs are always top notch, and I’m very happy with the poker table felt and logos he designed for our league. Check out these beautiful tables!

Attachments

• F6439758-E60D-48A6-BADA-B9E1CFF7AD84.jpeg
    F6439758-E60D-48A6-BADA-B9E1CFF7AD84.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 312
  • DD33EB40-0FC1-43EB-9588-90B5619921C4.jpeg
    DD33EB40-0FC1-43EB-9588-90B5619921C4.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 332
Updated OP with some more information about working with me going forward.

Seems like there are quite a few of the designers on here are taking breaks for a little while. With that in mind I'm making my services available for members of PCF. I realize I'm a newer face around here, but poker and custom poker chips have been a passion of mine for a long time. I'll gather up some of my past projects in the next couple days and post in this thread.

For now a couple recent project threads I can recall:
----------------------

How does the process work?
To start I'd suggest finding a few examples of themes/styles that you like like (not necessarily poker chips) and have in mind for an inlay. I find that helps more than anything in getting us on the same page quickly.

For the design process itself - Some clients know exactly what they want and just need a pro's touch to bring it to life, and others need to see a few ideas to sort of flesh out. I like to start out by doing a few rough drafts or a couple options to consider. Sometimes just seeing some options and ideas is all you need to get the ball rolling in one direction.

Once a loose draft is somewhat settled on, we'll add details and fine tune it from there, and finally work on completing the rest of the denominations and finally providing you with the print ready files. Along the way I've got no issues providing you with the works in progress so that you can mock them up on your chips.

What are your rates and how do you bill?
Rates: my rates are typically billed hourly. PM for an estimate. Typically to develop a couple rough drafts it could be anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on the complexity etc. after that revisions are usually fairly quick. I'll typically provide an estimate of how much time I think I need to complete the job and if we are running over I'll let you know.

Billing is via PayPal at the end of the project.

What about final print ready files?
Upon completion of the project I will provide final files to you in a variety of file formats that will be compatible with your chosen manufacturer.

Creative Brief
These are some basic questions that will help guide the design process and identify any limitations or considerations when working on your project. Answer these as best as you can to get your project on the right track.
  • What are some themes and styles that interest you for this set?
  • What denominations are you planning on for this set now? Any future denominations planned?
  • Inlay Size? Shape? Hot Stamp?
  • Manufacturer, if known?
  • Any colours that should be used? Avoided?
  • Deadline, or ideal timeline?
  • Any other projects to consider at the same time or down the road? (ie: dealer buttons, etc)
------------

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to chat.

-Tim
Still in business?
Or know any other designer?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom