Austin, Texas (1 Viewer)

BamaT8ter

Full House
Reaction score
I’ll be in Austin for a convention Nov 11-13. I’d appreciate any thoughts or recommendations on where to play while I’m there. The last thread I saw about Austin poker rooms was like 2 years old, and a lot has changed since then.

Hello!

Two great areas to play in Austin are Texas Card House and The Lodge. Lodge probably has the best action around town and is in Round Rock just north of Austin.

Texas Card House is also in the northwest Austin area.

Palm Social is a newer poker room here and I haven't been but Bart Hanson does some live streams from there. Seems less busy than TCH or Lodge.

Rampage poker and some other vloggers frequent Lodge quite a bit. The intro video for this vlog has a good look around Lodge. They moved recently to a larger space and now have 60 poker tables.

At Shuffle 512. Decent room. Good action. Nice people.

Chips are so fracking slick they will barely stack 20 high.

I mean, I'm assuming that was closer to where you're staying so you chose to go there. Yep that's the south side of town which I don't get to go to often since I'm pretty far north. How are the games down there?

May head up to Lodge tomorrow when I have more time.
I'm itching to hit up Lodge tomorrow as well. Was supposed to have a home game today but 2 people backed out so we were short handed and decided not to play with only 5.

Let me know if you do end up going.

I mean, I'm assuming that was closer to where you're staying so you chose to go there. Yep that's the south side of town which I don't get to go to often since I'm pretty far north. How are the games down there?
Yeah. I’m staying near the river downtown. I think this is actually north of my hotel.

Game is pretty darn loose. 5 tables running. All hold’em.

I'm itching to hit up Lodge tomorrow as well. Was supposed to have a home game today but 2 people backed out so we were short handed and decided not to play with only 5.

Let me know if you do end up going.
Will do.

Yeah. Not used to playing double board bomb pots in a card room.
It adds some spice to the game. Has also leaked into our home games

DEFEF888-C6E7-4B2F-93F2-3F25F3883306.jpeg

I am currently at a Urology meeting in downtown Austin. The meeting has been not that great, so I went to Shuffle 512, a smaller poker room near downtown.

Parking is terrible. It's in a strip mall and all the nearby businesses have signs saying that only their customers can park. I got there at 3pm on a Friday. There were three tables, two 1-2 NLHE, and one 1-2-5 PLO. Most of the action was at the PLO table (natch), but the players were friendly, the dealers were competent, and I ran good. I was on the PLO list for 5 hours and never got close to a seat.

No food (other than vending machines) on site but several options within the same mall.

They played bomb pots every orbit. They were $5 ante, double board PLO, with all action post flop - that is they were bomb pots. In my local cardroom, before it got shut down, they played bomb pots as 3-card hold'em, in which you could play 0, 1, or 2 hole cards, but not all 3. Omaha is better - much better IMO.

Overall a pretty nice if small room. Close to downtown.

I am currently at a Urology meeting in downtown Austin. The meeting has been not that great, so I went to Shuffle 512, a smaller poker room near downtown.

Parking is terrible. It's in a strip mall and all the nearby businesses have signs saying that only their customers can park. I got there at 3pm on a Friday. There were three tables, two 1-2 NLHE, and one 1-2-5 PLO. Most of the action was at the PLO table (natch), but the players were friendly, the dealers were competent, and I ran good. I was on the PLO list for 5 hours and never got close to a seat.

No food (other than vending machines) on site but several options within the same mall.

They played bomb pots every orbit. They were $5 ante, double board PLO, with all action post flop - that is they were bomb pots. In my local cardroom, before it got shut down, they played bomb pots as 3-card hold'em, in which you could play 0, 1, or 2 hole cards, but not all 3. Omaha is better - much better IMO.

Overall a pretty nice if small room. Close to downtown.
If you have free time over the weekend the Lodge is worth a visit. Lots of games and lots of good action. If you get put on a slow table just change to a more active one. I have family in town this weekend so unfortunately I won't have free time to go play or hangout :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom