Cancelled Austin Poker Palace Chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGardener

Two Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey, everyone! I recently came into something very special! It is hard to collect chips from Texas, so there was no way I could pass up buying this gorgeous set from a former associate of Austin Poker Palace...especially since they have my name on them! I am trying to get in touch with the former owner to figure out things like manufacturer, age, etc. I will update this if I can find out more. I'd like to see .50 per chip out of them. Splits welcome. You could definitely make two very playable sets out of this. If pricing is off, let me know. I don't deal much with ceramics.

http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=TXAUAP&v=3883344269

Here is a breakdown of what I have available:
Dealer Buttons: 2- I had these made custom. They are not original to the set.
$1: 454
$5:1,068
$25: 397
$100: 100
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 5.18.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 5.25.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 5.19.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 5.19.04 PM.png

Nice table, I played on one just like it this month.
Craig Cyr made it. If anyone in central texas is in the market I can get you in touch.

These chips have an interesting history- Austin Poker Palace closed around 2019-2020 and the new owners rebranded to Palms. They didn’t honor APP chips and had an interesting business model- very upscale establishment that was closed to the public on weekends to rent tables to private games. They were known as the big money PLO house.

The same location went out of business and new owners again rebranded- this time Red Star. Red Star honored APP chips to be exchanged for live Red Star chips for the first 6 months or so of existence to try and pull some of those old players back in. Looks like they’re finally getting rid of those old APP chips now that they’re for sale here.

cool looking ceramics! hard to find ones with truly square edges, which it looks like these may be. GLWS!

Craig Cyr made it. If anyone in central texas is in the market I can get you in touch.

These chips have an interesting history- Austin Poker Palace closed around 2019-2020 and the new owners rebranded to Palms. They didn’t honor APP chips and had an interesting business model- very upscale establishment that was closed to the public on weekends to rent tables to private games. They were known as the big money PLO house.

The same location went out of business and new owners again rebranded- this time Red Star. Red Star honored APP chips to be exchanged for live Red Star chips for the first 6 months or so of existence to try and pull some of those old players back in. Looks like they’re finally getting rid of those old APP chips now that they’re for sale here.
Thanks so much for the extra info on the set. They’ve got a neat history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom