Athenian Owl Club cash set II ? (1 Viewer)

Coyote

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
My Mentor here, ( @Psypher1000 ) pointed out that the gray ND frac ain't right. I 'm afraid he 's goddamn right.
In my effort to keep the set as ancient-ish as possible, I have overdone it. The ND frac is too dull and doesn't work ideally with the rest of the cash set. My partner was right in reminding me that these are not meant for submission at the National Archaelogical Museum, but rather for playing poker.:D
Motivated by this, I now consider making a secondary AO cash set, albeit smaller.
The monumental charcoal ND Hundo would stay the same, of course.
The new ND frac would have to work with both configurations (primary AND secondary).
Of course, I don't promise to make an AO cash II set anytime soon, (it's a money-dependent decision), but still I would love to hear the views not just of the Mentor (God may offer Peace to him:p), but also of people who have genuinelly shown love, in a way or another, for the existing set:
@kerami
@k9dr
@TroyMan
@Forty4
@Lars
@superchromix
@Highli99
@Ethan
@DerberAlter
@Saoliver
@DoubleEagle
and others whom I regrettably forget (apologies).:(

To make your life easier, here are the proofs of the existing cash set:
Athenian Owl Cash original.png

And, this is a mock-up of the possible secondary set, with 2 candidate ND fracs. The labels would be just 1-inch, not more (another unnecessary error I made in the existing set).
Athenian Owl II trial.png

Give me some views and ideas, while I 'm working hard and economising :LOL: :laugh:

I actually like the 1/5/20 secondary lineup, and my preferred frac would be w/the yellow stripes. I have a particular dislike for split parallel spots, however with this set I agree that the spot choice is appropriate - the spots on the frac are literally fractured compared to the other spot patterns used and still follow the general spot pattern of the sets.

Nice use of maroon, BTW - that's a hard color to pull off, but it works well here.

I prefer the DG pink with black spots. It matches the rest of the set with darker outside spots.

I like the idea overall. I would consider blurple instead of dark green on the yellow chip. Though it looks fine as is. Maroon on the light blue is hot!

Maybe do a Cali set?
I definitely would like to see him do a cali set, and indeed with different spot patterns, but rather as a seperate set entirely.

As secondaries, I really like what he's done by sticking with the same general color scheme but tweaking the base colors slightly rather than wholesale variations.

I would consider blurple instead of dark green on the yellow chip.
Interesting thought. That could work, or even blurple outers with a light green inner stripe? I've no desire to go mock anything up ATM, but you might be on to something.

I definitely would like to see him do a cali set, and indeed with different spot patterns, but rather as a seperate set entirely.

As secondaries, I really like what he's done by sticking with the same general color scheme but tweaking the base colors slightly rather than wholesale variations.

Interesting thought. That could work, or even blurple outers with a light green inner stripe? I've no desire to go mock anything up ATM, but you might be on to something.
This is good.

F070E1E8-C0B3-4D02-A562-74422678A007.png

A whole new Cali set would be a different and much more expensive endeavour. I 'll be looking for job descriptions at the "Master of the Universe" or "Lord of the Horizon" level, anyway.:LOL: :laugh:
If I don't get any of these, I 'll have to stick to maximum 600-chip re-order (still not soon) :D
@Saoliver trying to avoid DG colors "if I can" (reminiscent of the beautiful song by Kenny Rogers, "the coward of the County" - "son, walk away from trouble if you can":)

I didnt read properly. I didn't realise they were secondaries.

I like the new $1 and $20 and they are different enough that I think it's justifiable to make them. The primary $5 is still a lot better to the secondary to my eye, and not different enough perhaps to bother?

I don't love either of the new fracs so far.

I didnt read properly. I didn't realise they were secondaries.

I like the new $1 and $20 and they are different enough that I think it's justifiable to make them. The primary $5 is still a lot better to the secondary to my eye, and not different enough perhaps to bother?

I don't love either of the new fracs so far.
Gimme frac ideas, then :)

Epic set = good. Epic set 2 = more good. So, for me there's just too much red/pink in the current mock-up. I'd really like to see a white/blue chip to reflect the Hellenic flag. Great colors and epic homage.

Epic set = good. Epic set 2 = more good. So, for me there's just too much red/pink in the current mock-up. I'd really like to see a white/blue chip to reflect the Hellenic flag. Great colors and epic homage.
Closest to a patriotic chip I can get to, without becoming cliche and tacky (or good for playing only at Police stations and Army barracks) is the secondary 1 :)

Reactions: BNM
Yep. White 20 would be good.

for me there's just too much red/pink in the current mock-up.
That's my basic concern! DG Pink w Black spots, or Pink w Canary spots (a lot more ancient-ish on the whole?)
I 'd go with the DG only to avoid confusion with the reds (either primary or secondary)

Closest to a patriotic chip I can get to, without becoming cliche and tacky (or good for playing only at Police stations and Army barracks) is the secondary 1 :)

You need to resist the voice saying "cliche and tacky". Both colors work well together, look fantastic, and help your set with a little color diversity. True homage is never tacky or cliche.

I personally like #1, with #2 and 5 being my 2nd and 3rd favs.

OK, this, and your demonstrated ability to run a whole original Marathon would make you an ideal volunteer Infantry master-sergeant in our Army :)
The bad news is we might be needing you really soon (read what's happening in the region; but I won't switch to international politics here).:)

• Wow
Dibs on the primary set when you get struck by lightning and figure you have to sell it to fund the secondaries. :bag::whistle: :whistling:

I am a big fan of @Perthmike ’s first three Frac suggestions. Also, looks like it’s been mentioned above but the purple spot on the yellow 20 feels off to me.

Can’t wait to see how this turns out!

@Perthmike's first from left is beautiful, no wonder given that it's so similar to @Psypher1000 's $500
P500.jpg

You can't ever go wrong following Scott's steps :)

But in this case, a grey frac would be too close (especially as base color) to the light blue secondary 1.
Remember that a new ND frac would have to work with both primary and secondary sets.

My Mentor here, ( @Psypher1000 ) pointed out that the gray ND frac ain't right. I 'm afraid he 's goddamn right.
In my effort to keep the set as ancient-ish as possible, I have overdone it. The ND frac is too dull and doesn't work ideally with the rest of the cash set. My partner was right in reminding me that these are not meant for submission at the National Archaelogical Museum, but rather for playing poker.:D
Motivated by this, I now consider making a secondary AO cash set, albeit smaller.
The monumental charcoal ND Hundo would stay the same, of course.
The new ND frac would have to work with both configurations (primary AND secondary).
Of course, I don't promise to make an AO cash II set anytime soon, (it's a money-dependent decision), but still I would love to hear the views not just of the Mentor (God may offer Peace to him:p), but also of people who have genuinelly shown love, in a way or another, for the existing set:
@kerami
@k9dr
@TroyMan
@Forty4
@Lars
@superchromix
@Highli99
@Ethan
@DerberAlter
@Saoliver
@DoubleEagle
and others whom I regrettably forget (apologies).:(

To make your life easier, here are the proofs of the existing cash set:
View attachment 387623

And, this is a mock-up of the possible secondary set, with 2 candidate ND fracs. The labels would be just 1-inch, not more (another unnecessary error I made in the existing set).
View attachment 387619

Give me some views and ideas, while I 'm working hard and economising :LOL: :laugh:

Awesome!

As of this version, I love the 1 and 5, like the 20, but somehow the frac options are missing something... maybe a 312 spot pattern for the frac?

Awesome!

As of this version, I love the 1 and 5, like the 20, but somehow the frac options are missing something... maybe a 312 spot pattern for the frac?
Thanks for the interest and the comment, but no way I could have a 312 frac, It's got to be a 3DS316 or a 3TA316 :)

I actually have a blurple $25 too that I use sometimes instead and think it looks equally as awesome or better than the chocolate $20. I'm a sucker for purple chips though so my vote is for purple.

leCTZ0X.jpg

OK, lots of free time now, so let me think / dream about a secondary Cali set, to be realised whenever. No need for a hundo.
I think I 'm anchored on the ND frac and the $20 (the latter still against the standard color rules). @Psypher1000 is going to put a bounty on my head:D
The question is about the $1 and the $5. Clearly NOT urgent (at all).
AO Cali secondary.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom