Asymmetrical Poker Seating -- Would it Tilt You? (1 Viewer)

Hahahaha fair point!!!
For what it’s worth (which is NOTHING)...I hate fixed cup holders for this reason. People I play with range from 105lbs to 350+lbs...equal space per body makes a whole lot less sense than equal space shoulder to shoulder!

I think ultimately I have to "challenge" this, depending on the poker table.

If you have a table on the smaller size, like a 7'er (say, 84" x 45"), following this guideline could bite you. The "rule of thumb" for elbow space is 24" inches. Following this guideline on the table size mentioned gives you a slot at 20.884" and another 2 at ~21.278" of rail perimeter or "elbow space".

These 3 slots break the bank.

I'm still working on measuring the other slots, but as the table is rounded those restrictions don't matter as much as humans are more "flat" and not "concave" to match the circle.

Anyways, what is to be done? I think the answer might be dependent on table size...if you are looking at ~24" per player, you should use the outer rail to place cup holders. If you have plenty of room, then shrinking the "flat sides" in to provide more playing area to the "corner boys" is probably fine.

Thoughts?

I have joined you in this cup holder placement hell, LOL. Victims of our own (mild?) OCD. :)

After further, further review, my top-level guideline would be, if you have the room for the big table where perimeter-based cup holder spacing isn't required because you have 24" between players on the straight parts, then you should probably ditch the cup holders and do drink carts! So ultimately, perimeter-based or nothing!

Small table: perimeter-based cup holders to reach 24" elbow room "magic number".
Large table: no cup holders, go drink carts. If cup holders are preferred, than inside rail if it doesn't break the 24" elbow room "magic number".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom