For Sale ASM (Vegas) MD50 'Suicide Queen' Cash Set + Bricks (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see these go, Fabian, but glad to hear from you! Beautiful set.

also i expect new pr0n when these arrive. the stamping on those fracs is immaculate. of course i would expect no less from Fabian, but it's still damn impressive.

also i expect new pr0n when these arrive. the stamping on those fracs is immaculate. of course i would expect no less from Fabian, but it's still damn impressive.

The fracs are beautiful, but also one of my concerns as the are irreplaceable.

Sorry to see these go, Fabian, but glad to hear from you! Beautiful set.

I know you were very involved in the design of these chips. That's why I know I am getting a quality set. :)

I did ask Fabian if he was absolutely sure he wanted to sell.

didn't consider that. that is a concern. however, i wouldn't be too worried because even if you lost/broke 2 or 3, you could always substitute with unstamped blanks with the same spots/colors and among the two racks of quarters, you'd likely never notice a couple unstamped chips.

Perhaps you're getting the dies as well? Stampers are hard to find but you'd have the option later on. Not sure if you feel you need more fracs initially? I think the quantities are just fine. I love my sample set but if you ever broke a chip, I'd donate to the cause. Nothing beats a playable set of fine customs.

I know you were very involved in the design of these chips. That's why I know I am getting a quality set. :)

I did ask Fabian if he was absolutely sure he wanted to sell.

You're very kind, sir. Glad they're going to a good home where they'll be appreciated!

Does absolutely no one hot stamp anymore?

Options are extremely limited, and in North America I have only found hobbyists (well, one hobbyist, really) who are still able/willing to do it. I've read that there's a provider in Europe somewhere, but I don't recall where I read it, who said it, or who the stamper is.

No, I don't need any more fracs. I just don't want to break or lose one and end up with 99 in my rack. :oops:

i remember that Dr. Ott screwed these up in production at ASM Vegas, but i forgot whether the original design was intended to have the yellowed inlays or if that was the flaw. maybe if Fabian is still watching the thread he can explain.

personally i love the yellowed effect, but i guess if it was the flaw, the design would need to be revised to explicitly include that feature for production of the new $5s so that all chips are uniform.

The yellowed inlay was a flaw. I enjoy it as well but thy were supposed to be white.

Red Ott was the Joffrey Baratheon of the chip world.

too bad we didn't get the same viscerally satisfying ending:

taYtHil.gif

ejewd.gif

VWGcpkj.gif

DDGyMfD.gif

OyJRYdD.gif

GP2dpze.gif

83IgwIw.gif

i remember that Dr. Ott screwed these up in production at ASM Vegas, but i forgot whether the original design was intended to have the yellowed inlays or if that was the flaw. maybe if Fabian is still watching the thread he can explain.

personally i love the yellowed effect, but i guess if it was the flaw, the design would need to be revised to explicitly include that feature for production of the new $5s so that all chips are uniform.
The original artwork had some yellowed effect to let them look older.
Here is the original artwork by J5

sq_md50_fullset1c.jpg

When i received the first 500 chips they looked very different. A few almost white, a few very yellow

P1040967_zps0bbe48d1.jpg

Michael D (who was the 'man to talk with' at that time) offered me a small discount and I made an addon af new $5, the $20 and hundos. The new $5 chips where a lot thinner (almost two chips per 20 chip barrel) and the fading or the yellowish inlay was more worse than the first batch.
Then Red Ott was the 'owner' and he said he will make remakes for the $5 AFTER he reveived the bad ones. I shipped them to Vegas and never got them back :-(

Fabian, I can't believe someone who made such absolutely fantastic sets like you've made is just able to walk away. I hope you come back when your kids are older. Beautiful work

If meatboy gives you the dies, or the rights to the artwork for the dies, I'd be willing to stamp a few for you, k9. (If needed)

Also, if you're not interested in the cash bundles, shoot me a message.

Mike

This thread makes me sad on many levels:

Great custom chip sets being sold off for lack of interest.
One of the premier aftermarket hot-stampers closing doors.
Any resurrected memory of the evil dr ott always makes me sad (and mad).
k9dr selling chip sets to fund his buying this one (my wallet is already crying).

Any chip forum without meatboy is poorer for it, including this one. Take care kind sir, and please stop by to keep in touch periodically. You'll be missed.

k9dr selling chip sets to fund his buying this one (my wallet is already crying).

Nothing serious - probably my Terrible's St. Jo's, some Cactus Jack fracs, and a few PNY odds and ends.

While I am happy to have the opportunity to acquire such a great set, I too am saddened by the reasons for the sale. At least Fabian mentioned he would be willing to stamp any additional fracs I might want.

Nothing serious - probably my Terrible's St. Jo's, some Cactus Jack fracs, and a few PNY odds and ends.

While I am happy to have the opportunity to acquire such a great set, I too am saddened by the reasons for the sale. At least Fabian mentioned he would be willing to stamp any additional fracs I might want.

So I might have to make good on my previous post? Funny that you don't list those in your signature line. What else are you hiding from us?

So I WILL have to make good on my previous post? Funny that you don't list those in your signature line. What else are you hiding from us?

FYP

My signature line is for definite keepers - I would be very unlikely to sell any of those. Others I am thinking about selling are my small Double Down Saloon cash set and Hooters South Park cash set. Let me know which set you are buying. ;)

Congratulations Mark. Great set. It is good to know these chips will travel to a great home.
@Fabian: About my FB dies. They can rest with you. If I ever need them, I will come and pick them up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom