• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine ASM Tourney Set (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
asm.jpg

About $1.07 per chip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASM-Custom-Made-Tourney-Set-/251851753363

Those are very nice. Great spots, just not a whole lot of them. Still a great deal at the current bid price.

Size is really unfortunate. Maybe a travelling set for playing in the hotel with your family or something.

Nice chips. I never understood why the Avalon chips used a winged horse as its logo, though. Are there flying horses in the Arthurian legend, does anyone know?

Nice chips. I never understood why the Avalon chips used a winged horse as its logo, though. Are there flying horses in the Arthurian legend, does anyone know?

I don't know about the Arthurian legend, but I *think* the Avalon artwork was originally submitted as an entry in the Protege design contest.

link to Avalon Group Buy thread (2006)

for some reason i thought i remembered that the design (and maybe name) has some meaning in matt's (imthatguy) family history. i have a heck of a time searching for old threads on CT after the update, so i can't confirm, but that's my immediate recollection at least.

beautiful set in any case and i have to just shake my head when i see that the chips were originally $1.30 each. making that set nowadays would be at least 50% more expensive, so the price for these now is a real steal if you can live with the breakdown.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

also, i would counsel anyone against buying it with the intent to add on for two reasons: (1) the 3V spot version used on the T100 is not a standard available CPC spot (i don't know if David and Jim could do it for you, but i wouldn't take for granted that they could) and (2) the earlier FDL chips - these included - came out with a larger diameter than current FDL chips. i have or had one of the above chips - i think the T500 - and it was noticeably bigger to the point where it couldn't be shuffled with a stack of current FDLs.

not trying to discourage the purchase. i love these chips and the price is definitely right. just make sure the breakdown works for you as is.

Last edited:
These chips reminds me of the old Mobil gas sign and a Toyota Avalon. :D

Good knowledge, Jack!

I had a skim over and found a load of threads about the Protégé contest but no design background by imthatguy.

It's introduced as the Avalon Club, based on the mystical island from Arthurian legend. Couldn't find anything about flying horses... :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom