ASM/CPC inlay removal (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
So I've recently acquired 20 44mm scroll mold chips for a small tourney this weelend. My original intent was to slap on a custom label but after receiving them, I though better of it as the inlay really appears to be pressed fairly deeply and I'd hate to mess up otherwise pretty sweet chips. I've had some inlays randomly pop off of H-mold chips but never an issue with A-mold, NoMold, or E&C.

So like the recent Paulson inlay removal thread, anybody have any experience with ASM/CPC?

So like the recent Paulson inlay removal thread, anybody have any experience with ASM/CPC?
Yussir. Removed hundreds. Just requires a sharp object - hobby knife or the like - getting under the inlay and leveraging/popping it out.

Easily done. Did all of these in a few hours at work when it was slow.

IMG_2473.JPG

As @Psypher1000 said, stick the tip of a sharp knife through the inlay then pry the tip back up the inlay will pop right off 90% of the time.

Yussir. Removed hundreds. Just requires a sharp object - hobby knife or the like - getting under the inlay and leveraging/popping it out.
You weren't kidding, they really do POP out! I've never taken an inlay out until now and they are a lot thicker and stiffer than I was expecting... could almost be used as guitar picks. Now I can salvage 320+ chips with incorrect inlay orientation... thanks!

DSC_0100.JPG

Hate to say it, but it was theirs. First proof they sent me had the wrong orientation and so I asked for it to be corrected. I then had a last minute spot colour change but again the proof sent to me had the wrong orientation for those two chips. I reminded them again and received a corrected proof before production began. However, I received the corrected chips just one week after the initial shipment at no extra cost and wound up with almost two barrels of extras (not including the incorrect chips), so I can't complain. I even offered to return the bad ones at my expense as they had sent me so many extras... thought maybe they could use them in their inlaid sample sets but was told to keep them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom