Asking for one time donations... (1 Viewer)

Best way to recoup the money is just to outplay them at the poker table itself...

Quite a bit has changed from the last time I posted in 2021. Back then poker games were never at my home and was usually hosted at another player's home, but after the wife eased up over covid concerns I started to host more and more. Now I'm the primary host as it just made it easier to have a dedicated spot unless someone else volunteered a place.

I still don't ask for anything generally. I have the chips and equipment. I provide quite a bit of bourbon, some beer and plenty of water and snacks. I do ask people to bring any extra snacks they want as long as it's not a messy snack. Having 3 kids, my home is never short of snacks to pick from :) If I ever do need something which I don't have, I'll text the group and someone is happy to volunteer to grab it on the way in.

At the end of the night I definitely ask for a hand cleaning up and putting things away which the crew is always happy to do. The crew we have are good people with us always having people bringing extras. Extra beer, sometimes someone will grab a bunch of tenders or nuggets for everyone to share, extra bourbon or wine and again enough to share with others vs just for themselves.

I have 2 very average tables both with good speed cloth. Multiple sets of chips of course and now Gasser chairs. I have paid for all that as my hobby. If I want improvements I pay for those as well. I see that as my issue, not theirs. As long as I see smiling faces when they come over I’m very happy. I provide nuts and snack mixes, if they want something else bring it along.

If I had to feed players so I could spread a game I’d find new players.

It’s a poker game. Twice a week. I get the “leftovers” at cash out. Maybe $5 a session. I do water and donuts. The rest is on you.

Oh, and poop before you come unless you bring three buyins.

I’m a caring host.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom