Aruba Palm Beach set with custom shaped inlay $1 chips (1 Viewer)

Awesome! So awesome. Nice work man. Please keep those chips in great shape for when I purchase in the future...mmmkay?!

Looking at the pictures, Dan, I still think the choice for the $1s is absolutely perfect. IMO, better than blue Scandia 414 by a good margin, although I do like that chip in a vacuum a lot.

So any thoughts on this as a potential $500 (which granted would likely never see play outside a game of monopoly).

D933E2BC-B400-4B0F-88DA-622A2FA0E858.jpeg

You would have to go with a shaped inlay for the $500, no?

Ideally, though that would require a hotstamped chip to start with in order to mill properly.

One could argue that $0.25 and $500 don't ever need to be on the table at the same time, so in that respect all the inlay shapes would be unique even with a circle inlay on the $500.

Ideally, though that would require a hotstamped chip to start with in order to mill properly.

One could argue that $0.25 and $500 don't ever need to be on the table at the same time, so in that respect all the inlay shapes would be unique even with a circle inlay on the $500.

For a small number of chips you could also start with a shaped inlay chip, and just remove the old inlay and replace it with a label of the same shape.

For a small number of chips you could also start with a shaped inlay chip, and just remove the old inlay and replace it with a label of the same shape.

True, though the other issue there (besides cost/availability of a shaped purple-ish chip) is that even if I found one, it would have to have a unique inlay shape. Given that I've already got hexagon, hub, "modified" hub, scalloped, and cog, that might be a tall order.

True, though the other issue there (besides cost/availability of a shaped purple-ish chip) is that even if I found one, it would have to have a unique inlay shape. Given that I've already got hexagon, hub, "modified" hub, scalloped, and cog, that might be a tall order.

I see what you mean.. not many other shape options out there

File under ‘how have I not seen this set?’

Just sex.

Well done sir.

I like .25/.50 games that end up with $500 chips in play.

There’s still clover like the Ambassador Plasa $1000 and the other scalloped that looks like a mix between scallop and cog.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom