Art for a Chanman! (1 Viewer)

Farcry44

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a bit of a goal/journey I’m currently on. So I work full time at the University here in town, but am also a student there as well. So I’m pretty busy with work and my studies. (As well as playing basketball, sports, poker, etc). We all get busy, that’s life.

Anyways, one of my side things is painting. Painting various things/teachings from my culture is where my pieces originate from. I am Anishnaabe/Ojibway (Native American) so the majority of my art, is inspired by my culture/background. And I have recently started to get a bit more serious with it.
So to make art a bit more of a priority in my life, I decided to set a financial goal with it. That way I’m more dedicated to putting in the work.

So about a month ago I reached out to @T_Chan because I had a couple questions about getting a custom Chanman Table from him. The table I’m looking at getting done is probably going to be around 3k. So that’s my (current) goal.

Use my art to buy a custom poker table.

Goal setting guys, it’s important. And it works!
I am over halfway there, with a couple commissioned jobs lined up as well as some art workshops I will be facilitating.
I’m not trying to sell any of my art on here lol, just wanted to share my current poker venture.

(Here are a couple pieces I recently finished)
Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 92E2AA24-E83C-4906-8CC5-BE0C71ED1B40.jpeg
    92E2AA24-E83C-4906-8CC5-BE0C71ED1B40.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 470
  • D31BADDB-757A-403A-8E8E-3BF46FD20C53.jpeg
    D31BADDB-757A-403A-8E8E-3BF46FD20C53.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 494
  • 976F17B8-3DAC-4354-B156-2B75B6BC6332.jpeg
    976F17B8-3DAC-4354-B156-2B75B6BC6332.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 4C60304B-0D01-4AC0-B096-AB98DA01B0E8.jpeg
    4C60304B-0D01-4AC0-B096-AB98DA01B0E8.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 441
Very neat style! Is it a common Native American “look” or is it your own style?

Out of curiosity, how many of the pieces like you listed would you have to sell to get your remaining $1500?

Very neat style! Is it a common Native American “look” or is it your own style?

Out of curiosity, how many of the pieces like you listed would you have to sell to get your remaining $1500?
Thanks!
The style is considered Woodland Style, and is pretty common for my area. (Ontario) My prices vary on a couple things. Size, time (how long it takes me, start to finish) and final product (if It turns out like how I wanted it to).
The eagle one that I posted will sell for around $350-$400. It’s a 36x24, so rather large’ish. I’m hoping within a month I can get Tony to start on my table (or at least get my order on the wait list)

Great stuff, you are very talented. Have you done any poker related artwork? That would be neat to hang on the wall.

Great stuff, you are very talented. Have you done any poker related artwork? That would be neat to hang on the wall.
Thanks! No no poker paintings yet, that's on my 'to-do' list once I crank through my current orders. I wanna attempt 4 faded Aces on like a faded background. I can see it in my mind. Just a matter of finding time to do it haha....most of my stuff is symbolism. For example in the crow picture, having 2 on each side of the tree symbolizes balance in our lives. If you look at the color of the eyes, they are white, yellow, red and black. Which symbolizes the colors of the Ojibway Medicine Wheel. Each color stands for a different aspect of yourself, your mental side, physical, emotional and spiritual side. Mind, body, spirit and heart.....and how being 'complete' or walking that good path, means having all those aspects of your life in balance. Very important stuff. Anyways.....lol. There's your Native lesson of the day.

(Or I also do Deadpool, Logan or Spiderman stuff.....lol)

The Native ones are the pieces that have been selling though, I get to teach about my culture while being creative. Pretty awesome side gig.

I really like the 2 people by the fire.... good stuff.

C79183A4-1A35-40CF-BCA5-FD65F4EF4803.jpeg
So I started this thread in October and I am very proud to say that I have reached my goal! I put my deposit down today and ordered myself a raised rail, custom felt, sick legs Chanman poker table! It took a lot of late nights, a lot of saving and watching Raptor/Red Wing games while my gf went to bed. I kept a jar in the kitchen that I put all my art money in. (If it went in my bank account, it would just get spent lol). So I am
beyond excited to get my new table! Goal setting guys, it works!! This was a recent commissioned piece I did as an example of some of my recent work. Props to Tony too, the guy is amazing to work with to make my vision become a reality. Let’s go Red Wings!

After seeing the amazing work by farcry, we worked out a barter for a portion of the poker table. I upgraded the base and paid for shipping in exchange for a painting for myself. So I guess it's "Art for a Chanman for Chanman"

It's still in progress but I'm really pumped to see the final result based on what's been done already. It's looking very impressive so far. Apparently part of my logo will get incorporated into it as well which is a nice surprise.

Work in progress :
IMG_9044.jpg

Very cool, bartering system is awesome. One talent for another, amazing job guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom