Are these guys colluding? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Local poker room that hosts a very crazy 1/2 PLO game with a mandatory $5 button straddle (and permits restraddles)

A lot of these guys will buyin 200-400 and just try to get it in preflop and gamble it up

Each dealer change most of them do a $100 flip

During one of the flips a guy won and didn't collect from one other guy across the table. They revealed they were partners in the flips

I noticed a few hands where one of them with $200 would limp, then the other with a stack over 1k would make a juicer raise to $25, get a bunch of callers, then the guy with 200 would repot and his partner would then repot to isolate

Happened a couple times and given they revealed they were partners in flips it didn't seem kosher to me

However, these guys play such garbage hands and love to just gamble it up maybe I'm wrong

Having some sort of flip arrangement between regs might not necessarily imply colluding in the real poker.

I’m “meh” on this one especially if they are both playing trash

Definitely colluding. The hands don’t matter in this play!

They are trapping a lot of dead money in the middle with anyone that calls the $25 and folds to the $200 raise and even more if someone calls the $200 but folds to the $1k jam!!!

And even when they get called they are playing 2 hands against 1! Even the best PLO hand is only 35-45% equity against 2 random hands.

At the end of the night the meet back up and chop the money.

I’d be bringing this play to the floors attention and the other players in the game.

What were the they re-raising with? If the winning hand was 8 9 suited, yeah might be suspect.

edit: sorry didn’t realize it was Omaha.

And even when they get called they are playing 2 hands against 1! Even the best PLO hand is only 35-45% equity against 2 random hands.

There is no way it’s only 35%. A random hand is 33% against two random.

And the 2 on 1 doesn’t offer any advantage because they are paying you 2-to-1. If this is a scheme (or just a fishy tendency to isolate light) you can underfold and print.

Check the book

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-204518.png
    Screenshot_20191104-204518.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 131

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom