Are these good quality? (1 Viewer)

Barberp

Flush
Reaction score
3898FD2E-AD8A-45ED-BDFC-5C2C60A42B8C.jpeg
I’m trying to decideif I want these and I’m just wondering if they are the same quality as Paulson. I’ve never seen this design before. Any help is appreciated

I have seen many of these on eBay, low quality and I definitely wouldn't invest in them... I mean if that is what you can afford.. many here probably still have dice chips.. I would personally rank these below Dice chips but above Bicycle interlocking plastic.

I have not felt them but guessing not even slugged.

I think Monte Carlos or general slugged chips are a step up from here!

Best of luck on the hunt!!

I have seen many of these on eBay, low quality and I definitely wouldn't invest in them... I mean if that is what you can afford.. many here probably still have dice chips.. I would personally rank these below Dice chips but above Bicycle interlocking plastic.

I have not felt them but guessing not even slugged.

I think Monte Carlos or general slugged chips are a step up from here!

Best of luck on the hunt!!
Actual coins are better than these. I’d rather stack dimes 25 high than these.

if you can't afford ceramics or china clays and have to stay around .15/chip get one of the claysmith chip s like the showdowns.

if you can afford the .30/chip get in on the card mold ceramic group buy

In defense of these chips:

They feel OK. A little "rough" and "soft", like a Paulson. They feel more like a China Clay than a Dice chip.

They actually weigh about 6.2 grams each. Downside is they weigh about 6.2g each.

They are hotstampable (but not enough recess for a sticker). - Milling anyone?:confused

They are widely available and cheap. Downside is they have a top hat, so eBay sellers sometimes want big bucks.

Colours are set and limited. I've only ever seen the classic colour combo of Red, White, and Blue. They may, however, be receptive to dyeing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom