Are these chairs worth it? Possible Gassers? (1 Viewer)

pipdenny

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

This guy is asking about $15/chair for 6 of these. They look like they have a 'flex back', but I can't see the condition or the size of cushion.
I asked for more pics, and he's about an hour away. Might pick these up later if you all think its worth it (complete chair newbie here)

IMG-2986.jpg
IMG-2987.jpg

This looks like the flex back to me. If so, that's a snap buy at $15/each that price, unless the seat cushions are torn or shot to hell, which probably shouldn't be the case, seat padding foam on other thick padded banquet chairs like these that I've had or seen tends to hold up well over time.
1611678587330.png

Awesome! I told the guy that I'll come by later today to pick these up so long as the cushions and fabric aren't all torn up.

So, still worth it if it doesn't say "Gasser" on the bottom label?
Any reasons besides torn fabric that should turn me away? Again, I'm totally ignorant of chair stuff.

Thank you all! I got inspired by that other post to look these up! Glad I did!

So, still worth it if it doesn't say "Gasser" on the bottom label?
I'd say yes.
Any reasons besides torn fabric that should turn me away? Again, I'm totally ignorant of chair stuff.
Nothing I can think of that wouldn't be obvious. I mean if the cushions smell super moldy or something.) but if you're looking for chairs that are comfortable for long poker sessions -- chairs like these are some of the best.

Looks like some fraying of the fabric on the seat (and slightly on the back) upon closer inspection. Maybe an easy fix though, or maybe a headache.
Anyone ever unscrew the bottom and re-upholster these before?

1611680916943.png

Picked them up today. Some notes:

-Fabric was not ripped, just kind of loose on some chairs.
-metal frames scuffed/scratched (one of the chairs is slightly bent) and chairs seem to have seen quite a bit of use in their day.
-I looked underneath and saw no writing of any kind (looks like the cardboard shield has been torn away)
-They have those clips on either end, like in weddings where they hook the chairs to each other.
-A little dirty, but easily cleaned I think. (Ignore the x-shaped indents on some chairs, they were stacked on the ride home)
-they do have a flex-back
-Some inconsistencies in the color of the plastic(?) trim around the back. Some look gold, others look green.

Anyway, I have no idea if these are gassers, knockoffs, or cheap crap, but I ended picking these up for $10/chair, so I'm quite satisfied.

IMG-2988.jpg

IMG-2989.jpg
IMG-2991.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom