Are these ASMs? (1 Viewer)

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I have no idea... also wondering the ballpark price. I picked up a set with some blues whites reds and a few yellows seen here. Guidance would be much appreciated!

How can I tell that they’re not the better super diamonds?

Yup, nice leaded Paulsons, I sold a micro stakes set at like $.45/chip recently, which is a steal for how good they feel. What’s the breakdown you’ve got, might actually be interested haha

They’re clay and weigh 10g, 200 mixed this and THC. I’ll post a picture here later. Not sure if I want to sell just wanted to get an idea :)

Paulsons. Diamonds are nice and far apart. Inner and outer ring are same width. Weight looks good.

The better Superior Diamonds have their diamonds closer together, and they look more square. Mold pip is usually within the diamond or inside the inner ring. I don't think I've ever seen one weigh more than 9g.

Look like clay to me. Cool stamp. Reminds me of something you'd see from TR King. Here is a shot of one of my Paulson produced yellow's to compare against...

Last edited:
Not the best photo, but here are 4 variants of the diamond mold. Top left is an original Todd's Speed Check. I believe these were made by either the United States Playing Card Co. or the Burt Co. Top right is the Paulson produced version. The bottom 2 are injection molded plastic.

Last edited:
Here they are separated by mold. I cleaned up and lightly oiled the front line of chips. Whites were pretty dirty but cleaned up better than I expected!

I’d only have to think one of the molds was an add on to the original set that were maybe lost or damaged? Who knows either way very happy with the purchase :)

Here they are separated by mold. I cleaned up and lightly oiled the front line of chips. Whites were pretty dirty but cleaned up better than I expected!

I’d only have to think one of the molds was an add on to the original set that were maybe lost or damaged? Who knows either way very happy with the purchase :)

View attachment 242906
View attachment 242907
98% those are clay. The hot stamp clearly looks like it goes into the chip with raised edges around the stamp. On a plastic super diamond all stamps sit on the surface and arent actually pushed into the clay.

Thanks @Potsie1 ! 100% convinced these are clay wasn’t sure if I had seen someone saying they were ASMs or BCC aka something other than Paulson before. Will clean them all up then repost :)

Last edited:
Chip looks like clay to me too. Nice chips!

Not the best photo, but here are 4 variants of the diamond mold. Top left is an original Todd's Speed Check. I believe these were made by either the United States Playing Card Co. or the Burt Co. Top right is the Paulson produced version. The bottom 2 are injection molded plastic.

View attachment 242764

I wasn't aware that Paulson produced any chips on the diamond mold. Jack Todd was the original distributor and then it went to Christy & Jones after Jack Todd's death. Chips were made by USPC, then Burt Company. I can't recall if the diamond mold went to Paulson, but it could have, I just don't recall seeing anything that shows they sold or made them after C&J/Burt. Do you have a reference or link that you can send me related to Paulson producing or distributing the Diamond mold? Thanks and here are a few of sample chips from my collection.

39083928452_e78ab0b3dc_n.jpg
38405188114_a360f30f1a_n.jpg

Last edited:
Chip looks like clay to me too. Nice chips!

I wasn't aware that Paulson produced any chips on the diamond mold. Jack Todd was the original distributor and then it went to Christy & Jones after Jack Todd's death. Chips were made by USPC, then Burt Company. I can't recall if the diamond mold went to Paulson, but it could have, I just don't recall seeing anything that shows they sold or made them after C&J/Burt. Do you have a reference or link that you can send me related to Paulson producing or distributing the Diamond mold? Thanks and here are a few of sample chips from my collection.

39083928452_e78ab0b3dc_n.jpg
38405188114_a360f30f1a_n.jpg

Nice sample chips @gmunny! Sorry for the late response. I never got a notification.

The diamond mold clay's I own are all in thier original boxes. Colors are a dead ringer to some common Paulson color's like Blaze Orange. They were sourced locally here on the shore...another interesting story. The boxes are dated 7/7/78, which I can only assume was put there from employee "H". This is around the same time Paulson was apparently using the mold. Here is a link to a thread started by @Mac128k and his diamond mold chips. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/long-lost-chips-found.15312/. See the comment's from Mike Endy explaining how Paulson used the mold.

Here are some of my diamond mold chips along with some original Todd's Speed Check's.

Nice sample chips @gmunny! Sorry for the late response. I never got a notification.

The diamond mold clay's I own are all in thier original boxes. Colors are a dead ringer to some common Paulson color's like Blaze Orange. They were sourced locally here on the shore...another interesting story. The boxes are dated 7/7/78, which I can only assume was put there from employee "H". This is around the same time Paulson was apparently using the mold. Here is a link to a thread started by @Mac128k and his diamond mold chips. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/long-lost-chips-found.15312/. See the comment's from Mike Endy explaining how Paulson used the mold.

Here are some of my diamond mold chips along with some original Todd's Speed Check's.

View attachment 257441View attachment 257442View attachment 257443View attachment 257444View attachment 257445
Hmmm, those are my initials...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom