Are there fake Milanos (2 Viewers)

jaxmius

Reaction score
Are there fake milano chips?

I only ask because I have 2 local sellers that are selling a set of 500 chips (with the box, cards, etc) , one seller's set at $249 (~US$183) and the other seller's set at $178 (~US$130), which if you work out comes to roughly US$0.36/chip vs US$0.26/chip. Prices from the first seller seem more inline with what other US websites charge (excl shipping and converting to local currency).

I've sampled both sellers chips, the samples seem similar. Is the second seller just offering a good deal or am I missing something.

there are different editions of Milano style chips with slightly different texture and feel..... depends on the production lot.

reference to the ad you are looking at?

The best Milanos are available for a little over 15 cents each:

Milanos.png

It's entirely possible that the cheaper one is a reseller that just wants to unload some stock that has been siting on the shelves far too long.

I'm not familiar with Carousell. If I were you, I would look into the consumer protection policies of the site before buying, but it is entirely possible that you found a good deal.

The second link is likely out of date but you could contact them and find out. I have similar chips from a dealer here in Canada. They are decent, come covered in a white chalky film. I have not oiled any of the chips. However handling them for a period of time seems to remove the chaulky film and the chips stack better than before. Perhaps with a tiny bit of mineral oil they'd polish up nice. Use will accomplish the same, just know they are a bit slippery while that chaulk film remains on the chips.

Basically the chips is a blank that multiple dealers have applied a label to like in my set below of Crazy Horse Chips

82TOMvr.jpg

i don't think Milanos would be worth faking, as they are already a kind of a fake themselves. there's probably just a lot of them out there.

second listing looks BS. That’s cheaper than the actual distributor Brybelly sells them for. I would be careful.
Naw I got my Milanos for about .20 per chip and they came straight from brybelly. Had to catch a new-years discount, but they can be found cheaper than the normal ~.33/chip price.

Naw I got my Milanos for about .20 per chip and they came straight from brybelly. Had to catch a new-years discount, but they can be found cheaper than the normal ~.33/chip price.

Ah nice. Was that a recent discount? I had no idea they run promotions. How often do they do it? Is there a newsletter?

I know that shipping and insurance got crazy jacked up last year, making them a not-so discount option.

Ah nice. Was that a recent discount? I had no idea they run promotions. How often do they do it? Is there a newsletter?

I know that shipping and insurance got crazy jacked up last year, making them a not-so discount option.
It was the end of the year, they had them on sale. I found them when I went searching for sellers after Apache was sold out of what I needed. I ended up getting them even cheaper because they accidentally deleted my order, then gave me free shipping as a comp. It wasnt brybelly's direct website, but the email I corresponded with was from brybelly and the chips were shipped directly from brybelly.

It was the end of the year, they had them on sale. I found them when I went searching for sellers after Apache was sold out of what I needed. I ended up getting them even cheaper because they accidentally deleted my order, then gave me free shipping as a comp. It wasnt brybelly's direct website, but the email I corresponded with was from brybelly and the chips were shipped directly from brybelly.
Nice find thanks. Maybe I’ll look at the end of this year again to see if they have clear outs. So after Christmas?

It was last year, cant promise theyll do it again. Good luck. In the mean-time just watch the sales ads, FB marketplace, etc. I've seen several sets come up in the last few months that were less than listed price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom