Are there any 5 or 7 edge spot chips? (1 Viewer)

BukNaked36

Straight
Reaction score
I was just thinking about it and don't believe I've ever seen a 5 edge spot or a 7 edge spot chip. Do they exist?

Five-spot chips were made by TRK, and at least one example of a Paulson 5-spot chip exists.

20181106_132603-jpg.214953

Thanks for the examples. I had seen a few of these DetroitDad's before and I guess it just didn't register that those were 5 spots.

Are there any 7 edge spot chips out there?

Are there any 7 edge spot chips out there?
Seems like I remember seeing one once, but it was an error chip -- either an 818, 814, or 8V that was missing a spot. Might even be in the error chip thread.

But I don't think anybody's ever made one on purpose.

Yep, 514. Many TRK spot patterns were shallow, compared to ASM, Paulson, or BCC offerings.

The problem with 5 single spot chips is that you can't balance 2 different spot colors evenly. I think they look better with one spot color. The Paulson chip that @Cliff posted is actually considered 15 spots by GPI.

The problem with 5 single spot chips is that you can't balance 2 different spot colors evenly. I think they look better with one spot color. The Paulson chip that @Cliff posted is actually considered 15 spots by GPI.

Interesting. I didn't realize that.

You can do five 2 colors spots, problem solved! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom