Are Paulsons on eBay priced correctly? (1 Viewer)

What set? I’m looking to add to my Good Luck Clubs.
Sorry that was deceiving. Originally we were talking about Pharaohs.

Not sure if your Good Luck Clubs are relabels and can use those or not.

I've been reading all the comments and still can't understand what the real price is Laos are they more valuable in a set or per chip?

Sorry that was deceiving. Originally we were talking about Pharaohs.

Not sure if your Good Luck Clubs are relabels and can use those or not.
These are Good Luck Clubs…they were an original Paulson fantasy set as far as I know.

Attachments

• DE4FC3A3-DDD6-4081-AD78-A68CAC712FE2.png
    DE4FC3A3-DDD6-4081-AD78-A68CAC712FE2.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 45
I’ll never understand this sales mentality, ever. In other words, your basically just trying to screw someone and hoping to get lucky?When you really get down to it, that’s the strategy- hope for that one-off desperate or uninformed buyer.

Why not just sell for the mkt price without all the “tricky” (that’s not really that tricky) strategy BS? Lot less wasted time for everyone.

I’ve collected vintage tube gear for 30 years as well. eBay is the last place on earth I would buy gear. Waaay too many other options without the clueless “super rare” golden barn find sellers - lol.

“Super Rare” is always my queue to keep scrolling :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Screwing them over in what sense?

It's not like the people who buy on eBay (or a b&m store) would, absent of eBay, magically stumble onto PCF or it's equivalent.

If people had to sell them for what you call "market prices" no one would sell them on eBay. If you held retail to that standard, most stores in existence would have to close up shop. How many things are there that can't be found at lower prices SOMEWHERE on the internet?

I've "overpaid" for plenty of things in my life that i could have found for less elsewhere and am glad that there are people trying to "screw" me because it made my life easier to not have to spend the time researching it. If you know where to find a particular product at a better price you're not the target market.

I've sold quite a few things on eBay over the years....
The one thing I keep in mind:
If it sells in the first few hours after posting, I priced it too low.
If it's still there after 2 weeks, it's priced too high.
2-3 day sale time is just about right.

I've sold quite a few things on eBay over the years....
The one thing I keep in mind:
If it sells in the first few hours after posting, I priced it too low.
If it's still there after 2 weeks, it's priced too high.
2-3 day sale time is just about right.
Use the same theory with Houses, and it holds true here too. People are looking everyday for chips, if they don't go fairly quickly the price is set too high. Although here seems to have a strange back to the vault mentality. Which could be the heart of a collector, but doesn't make sense to me.

I just started this hobby a month or so ago and bought a couple barrels on eBay, usually negotiating a bit. But then I started asking if they also were PCF members and the ones who said yes sold me some paulsons here at more or less reasonable prices. They usually mention the eBay fees as well.

But for sure I've seen sellers asking absurd prices sometimes and their products tend to sit for weeks.

But for sure I've seen sellers asking absurd prices sometimes and their products tend to sit for weeks.
Yep, those sellers are willing to wait for someone who really, REALLY wants them and is willing to pay their inflated price.
Often, they find someone.

I've been reading all the comments and still can't understand what the real price is Laos are they more valuable in a set or per chip?
There are singles collectors and there are set collectors. Most on this site are of the latter kind and most buy their sets to play poker with them (although some just collects).

Naturally, someone looking for one single chip can afford to pay a higher per chip price than someone looking to build a full playable set.

Lots of chips on eBay, singles and sets, are overpriced by people hoping to wheel a sucker in. Prices in the classifieds here mostly reflects the actual market (watch out though for sales ads that have the :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:-emoji reaction, which is the only way allowed to indicate that the pricing is ambitious)

There are singles collectors and there are set collectors. Most on this site are of the latter kind and most buy their sets to play poker with them (although some just collects).

Naturally, someone looking for one single chip can afford to pay a higher per chip price than someone looking to build a full playable set.

Lots of chips on eBay, singles and sets, are overpriced by people hoping to wheel a sucker in. Prices in the classifieds here mostly reflects the actual market (watch out though for sales ads that have the :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:-emoji reaction, which is the only way allowed to indicate that the pricing is ambitious)
Lol, i just saw that somehow autocorrect changed Pharaohs to Laos Anyway, thx for the info, i'll be scrolling through the classifieds to get a real idea about it.

I've "overpaid" for plenty of things in my life that i could have found for less elsewhere and am glad that there are people trying to "screw" me because it made my life easier to not have to spend the time researching it.
Ok cool :tup:. I guess my pricing strategy just might be flat out wrong - lol.

I just listed a used compound mitre saw on Craigslist for $100 more then it costs new (those are my favorite listings - btw). I’ll just be patient - I’m sure someone will buy it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom