Are Jack Detroit black label "easily" obtainable? (1 Viewer)

marsellus

High Hand
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a cash set and I feel I need to narrow down my search in order to spark some interest from potential sellers (I have a post up in the classified but I realize it is so general that I won't likely get much traction).

So I'm hoping to get an idea of what chips could be actually buyable given availability and budget. One of the Chips that I seem to encounter more often in this forum is the Jacks - and I really like them, especially the Detroit black labels with those fat spots. I also have a personal connection with Detroit so I thought it could be a nice choice for my first set.

My question is, are these possible to obtain in a reasonable timeframe, like a couple of months? Any background info on those chips I should know about, or any other comment in general?

Thanks folks

If you’re willing to overpay 25-50% compared to market prices, you can find them fairly quickly, I’d imagine.

I have seen the posts about the white label Cinci, but they don't do it for me, for some reason.

I don't know what the market price is. Since I'm in a hurry (I'll be in Detroit in two months), I think I am open to overpay a bit ^^

There wasn’t many Detroit tourney chips sold/distributed. And most if not all have landed in the hands of collectors who don’t sell.

The jack Cincy yellow (t1000) and pink (t500) with solid black (t100) are fantastic.

@Pinkdan I think had a Detroit set…he could help answer your question as well

fat spots? What are you referring to. The Detroit black labels are solid?

Mine are the black Jack Cincinnati. Amazing chips! (Pics borrowed)

I can probably spare some green and grape

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpeg
    IMG_2640.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1962.jpeg
    IMG_1962.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2641.jpeg
    IMG_2641.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2643.jpeg
    IMG_2643.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2644.jpeg
    IMG_2644.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 51
OooOoooOo. Cash not tourney…

Yeah with $, you can pry those, but it takes a lot of work or a lot of $.

@OneGearManySpeeds just took several months acquiring his set thru building relationships and spending hours on this site.

If you want a crazy asking price PM for details. Mine isn’t for sale. But I can tell what might make others shake them.

I think that listing was a scam if memory serves correct
I was looking at that listing thinking “damn, that was a great deal on some watermelons & hundos.”

@marsellus I haven’t been paying too close attention to Jacks prices lately, but I’ll give you a rough estimate on “market” pricing. Remember you may have to overpay from market to pry them loose.

$.25s: $1,200/rack
$1s: 225/rack
$5s: 400-450/rack
$5 GOs: $225-250/rack
$25 primary: $200/rack
$25 secondary (watermelons): $400/rack
$25 GOs: $175/rack
$100 primary: $400/rack
$100 secondary: $200/rack

Higher denoms start getting very expensive, especially if you’re looking for any blaze orange $1K chips.

I was looking at that listing thinking “damn, that was a great deal on some watermelons & hundos.”

@marsellus I haven’t been paying too close attention to Jacks prices lately, but I’ll give you a rough estimate on “market” pricing. Remember you may have to overpay from market to pry them loose.

Higher denoms start getting very expensive, especially if you’re looking for any blaze orange $1K chips.
@doublebooyah85 wanna give your take on prices. How close are these to what to expect? The pri hundo’s seem underpriced by a lot but maybe I’m wrong

Meh hate to put prices publicly. Plenty of sales to look up. Or I’ll offer my opinion privately.

I think also keep in mind, these are probably prices from a highly motivated seller who is pricing very fairly. I think the more desirable chips would likely go quite a bit above these prices. The last watermelon sale just below these prices had 4 people posting dibs in 10 seconds and 10-20 more backing up in a few minutes.

I think also keep in mind, these are probably prices from a highly motivated seller who is pricing very fairly. I think the more desirable chips would likely go quite a bit above these prices. The last watermelon sale just below these prices had 4 people posting dibs in 10 seconds and 10-20 more backing up in a few minutes.
Yeah that’s why I told OP he’d need to pay 25-50% above market to pry them loose.

Which prices would you edit? I was just throwing out numbers so OP would know what to expect.

At this point, this thread needs pron showcase (older pics, T5s are long gone):

IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_2399.jpeg

Agree. I would say these would be a friendly PCF sale, with existing past deals or trades :) .

By the way... that barrel of purple 500 chips in the back... that's considered a "black label Jack Detroit Tournament T500 chip" The one right next to it is the Jack Detroit $500 cash Chips.

1684895815781.png

Yeah now I get it, sorry for mixing the names... All of you guys' feedback has been great! I will follow up privately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom