Apex/Black Aurora Poker Chip Cases (7 Viewers)

Which APEX Poker Chip Case capacity do you want us to make first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve wanted to give a tentative price for quite some time, but I think SOME people would hold it against me if it ended up being, like, $1 more.
Please select an anticipated price range. Picking multiple ranges is acceptable (i.e., C-E):

A. $30 to $40
B. $40 to $50
C. $50 to $60
D. $60 to $70
E. $70 to $80
F. $80 to $90
G. $90 to $100
H. > $100

Please select an anticipated price range. Picking multiple ranges is acceptable (i.e., C-E):

A. $30 to $40
B. $40 to $50
C. $50 to $60
D. $60 to $70
E. $70 to $80
F. $80 to $90
G. $90 to $100
H. > $100

I like this.

Most likely...C-E sounds about right for the PCF pre-order price. But get in early.

I like this.

Most likely...C-E sounds about right for the PCF pre-order price. But get in early.
Hey what's up @Mario Garza... sorry to hear about your IT woes (BTW, is that a redundant statement?). @horseshoez is an IT beast. His wife did just have a baby, but he might be willing put out his beloved family, even at this crucial moment in their lives, if it meant he could help you solve the world's problems in order to launch the Toruk Makto of Great Leonopteryx cages for @BGinGA and the rest of us at $50 a pop. At that price, I think @horseshoez, @TKO and yours truly might be looking to get like 20 from the pre-sale (we would of course still buy some at a higher price, but maybe just not so many).

As I needed another reason to need one of these...found a design flaw in the Brybelly cases that is another reason why feet on the bottom are necessary.

I had my case with 1000 chips on a perfectly flat counter. When I tried to pull up, it was stuck. Only way to get it off was to slide it off the edge. Turns out the screw holes on the bottom create a vacuum when on a perfectly flat surface just like a suction cup. Not sure if anybody else noticed but had me baffled for a few until I flipped it over to see why.

So ya, slightly off topic but not at the same time. Feet on the sexy Apex please.

There are what, 2-3 screw holes, each with a 6 mm diameter?

Brother, you need to get to the gym.

I wasn’t referring to the incapacity to lift looool What I mean was, it held it on the counter to the point where the handle cracked and almost fully snapped if I continued. Was bizarre.

Has the presale started?

The presale is like the horizon. Always there in sight. Constantly approaching. But when we arrive at the spot we expected to reach it, it has moved again. Like the end of the rainbow. Much in the way I sometimes buy lottery tickets for the fun of imagining winning, I continue to follow this thread in optimistic bemusement.

The presale is like the horizon. Always there in sight. Constantly approaching. But when we arrive at the spot we expected to reach it, it has moved again. Like the end of the rainbow. Much in the way I sometimes buy lottery tickets for the fun of imagining winning, I continue to follow this thread in optimistic bemusement.

Don’t forget the Horseshoez package when you do. Comes with lotion.

Just for perspective - - - Amazon sells a 1,000 chip birdcage plus ten cheap racks for $63, including shipping. I ended up buying one for my new set of Benny's. I would have rather bought one of these if they had been available.

$50 - $80 as a price range is a fair approximation. But let's be clear that $80 plus shipping is a tough sell vs a $63 Amazon product. Conversely, $50 shipped crushes the Amazon offering.

As a vendor, it isn't the pitchforks you should fear. Your fear should be you can't sell many units if the price is too high. Which might not be avoidable if the costs are too high. Especially true regarding shipping costs.

I still have high hopes -=- DrStrange

Just for perspective - - - Amazon sells a 1,000 chip birdcage plus ten cheap racks for $63, including shipping. I ended up buying one for my new set of Benny's. I would have rather bought one of these if they had been available.

$50 - $80 as a price range is a fair approximation. But let's be clear that $80 plus shipping is a tough sell vs a $63 Amazon product. Conversely, $50 shipped crushes the Amazon offering.

As a vendor, it isn't the pitchforks you should fear. Your fear should be you can't sell many units if the price is too high. Which might not be avoidable if the costs are too high. Especially true regarding shipping costs.

I still have high hopes -=- DrStrange

Cost is never too high for the HORSESHOE EDITION. Comes with lotion damn it!

Shame this took so long to realize.
I have already purchased 3 more birdcages to hold the recent sets that I purchased (4 sets).

There is really no need to replace the eight birdcages that I now have holding chips.

Shame this took so long to realize.
I have already purchased 3 more birdcages to hold the recent sets that I purchased (4 sets).

There is really no need to replace the eight birdcages that I now have holding chips.

When it comes with a top shelf bottle of lotion, you’ll appreciate the wait. I promise.

@Mario Garza
Any updates on progress?
Really wanting to get a couple of birdcages for recent purchases and want to support a PCF vendor. However if we're still talking more than a couple of months away, I might have to look elsewhere. :tdown:

@Mario Garza
Any updates on progress?
Really wanting to get a couple of birdcages for recent purchases and want to support a PCF vendor. However if we're still talking more than a couple of months away, I might have to look elsewhere. :tdown:
I would say it'll be at least that (my money is on 6 mos to a year and if more than a year this thing most likely isn't happening.)

BTW OP hasn't logged onto the site for 2 wks

I would say it'll be at least that (my money is on 6 mos to a year and if more than a year this thing most likely isn't happening.)

BTW OP hasn't logged onto the site for 2 wks
Did you give money to pre order?

Did you give money to pre order?
No. Hopefully no one did. I dont need anymore 1000 ct cages anyway. I may see about some 600-800 of they ever get there within the next yr or so. But the point of my post is this thing is moving slower than two turtles fucking in a bed of molasses in a blizzard.

A lot of hype so far....but I think the hurdle will be price. If it doesn't come in around or below the current prices I just dont see sales going crazy. Hopefully I'm wrong

Last edited:
No. Hopefully no one did. I dont need anymore 1000 ct cages anyway. I may see about some 600-800 of they ever get there within the next yr or so. But the point of my post is this thing is moving slower than two turtles fucking in a bed of molasses in a blizzard.

A lot of hype so far....but I think the hurdle will be price. If it doesn't come in around or below the current prices I just dont see sales going crazy. Hopefully I'm wrong
Molasses in a blizzard sounds stiff

I hope you're wrong too. The Apex dream is still alive for me. It can be easy to get impatient when we have thousands of pretty chippies wanting homes in birdcages (as I have right now), but I believe Mario is building something unique and trying to get it right in terms of a lasting design (rather than something we just buy once and move on from to the next new shiny object). So, I will patiently wait for something visionary, and be happy to pay a premium to get a next level product and support a craftsman. One of my mottos in life is high hopes and low expectations. High hopes because that keeps me positive and aiming higher. Low expectations because disappointment is often a function of unmet expectations. So I say lets give Mario however much time he needs to make this product undeniably awesome. Time will tell if his customers are still there or perhaps reveal what kind of customers he wants to serve in the long run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom