Traded Apache racks for Matsui racks (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I originally ordered a bunch of Matsui racks and then eventually liked the Apache knock offs so much that I made a large order of those too.

Unfortunately I can't mix and match and what's worse is that I don't have enough of either to use on all of my sets.

I'm offering up the Apache knock offs 1:1 for Matsui racks. All of mine are brand new and unused, it's fine if your Matsui racks are used as long as they're not damaged or disgusting.

I have at least 15, possibly more for trade.

Or, just sell some chips.
how-absurd-nicolas-cage (1).gif

Didn't someone find a way to mix and match, by using an Apache rack bottom with a Matsui rack top, or vice versa, so they'd be alternating and could stack with each other? (I could totally be misremembering...)

Didn't someone find a way to mix and match, by using an Apache rack bottom with a Matsui rack top, or vice versa, so they'd be alternating and could stack with each other? (I could totally be misremembering...)
This sounds right somehow. I think you can stack a Matsui on top of an Apache but not the other way around.

Well, I would trade you but I don't like these racks, honestly. Do you have just a normal Paulson or Chipco rack? I also just looked and not exactly sure the best way to ship one rack, this thing won't fit in a SMFB. It would have to be in a padded envelope and that seems ripe for disaster.

Oh yeah yeah, if you don't like them you won't like the Apaches.

Do you not like them because of the chip movement or something else?

Meh. Hang onto it and maybe at some point we'll trade some other stuff and I'll take it off your hands.

Oh yeah yeah, if you don't like them you won't like the Apaches.

Do you not like them because of the chip movement or something else?

Meh. Hang onto it and maybe at some point we'll trade some other stuff and I'll take it off your hands.
Yeah, the chips just roll around and the tops don't lock on, it basically just sits on top. I'm just not a fan, I like regular racks better.

Yeah, the chips just roll around and the tops don't lock on, it basically just sits on top. I'm just not a fan, I like regular racks better.
So agree about the movement. @Potsie1 makes these inserts which deal with that though. He's got like 7 different sizes based on the condition chips you have. For mint chips, the smallest size works like a charm. I use them for both my PCA and WTHC sets and they work awesome. Zero movement.

So the tops don't necessarily "lock" per se, but they do kind of slide into eachother. I've never seen or had a problem with the tops coming off, particularly once there's pressure on top of them.

I like them mostly because they take all of the pressure off the chips themselves when stacked

So agree about the movement. @Potsie1 makes these inserts which deal with that though. He's got like 7 different sizes based on the condition chips you have. For mint chips, the smallest size works like a charm. I use them for both my PCA and WTHC sets and they work awesome. Zero movement.

So the tops don't necessarily "lock" per se, but they do kind of slide into eachother. I've never seen or had a problem with the tops coming off, particularly once there's pressure on top of them.

I like them mostly because they take all of the pressure off the chips themselves when stacked
For sure, the pressure taken off of the chips below is about all I like about the design. The most I have is 5 racks high in a 1000 chip birdcage. Not exactly sure what the longer term storage effects of that are.

There was a thread about this somewhere with done veterans. My takeaway is that there are no long term effects whatsoever. These just make me feel better, honestly.

I do like how they look stacked though, but it mostly doesn't matter because they're in cases. :rolleyes:

There was a thread about this somewhere with done veterans. My takeaway is that there are no long term effects whatsoever. These just make me feel better, honestly.

I do like how they look stacked though, but it mostly doesn't matter because they're in cases. :rolleyes:
You storing them in those hard plastic bomb proof gun cases?

Yep, the Apaches (no relation to the Poker Apache people).

They're pretty cheap and they have that pluck foam which I like.

I don't have a ton of space in the city so being able to tote/move/stack them is essential. Sometimes they go in the basement storage area and I need to make sure they're water/dust proof down there.

I put this tube/cap and Pelican system together (800 chips, cards, cash, and button) and it works great! Sounds like it meets all your needs (stackable and waterproof).

5F532F35-6A72-46E0-B43E-0878415FB83F.jpeg

Mooneypenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom