Apache Rack with lid - 20 or 21 per barrel? (1 Viewer)

mburnznj

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick question, I just received my order of racks with the lids and I noticed that when I'm stacking barrels of chips in the racks that I can actually fit 21 chips/barrel. I'm assuming that's the norm?

If it’s worn chips 21. If it’s nice and sharp, fits 20.

Other types of racks too because worn chips are skinnier and become thin

Hey all,

Quick question, I just received my order of racks with the lids and I noticed that when I'm stacking barrels of chips in the racks that I can actually fit 21 chips/barrel. I'm assuming that's the norm?
It depends on what kind of chips you have, how worn they are, and which rack you bought.
Paulson chips are pretty much the thinnest chips - when they’re mint, 20 of them stack to 66.7mm. But other kinds of chips are a hair wider (taller) and require bigger racks. I don’t know the other sizes off the top of my head, but I think cheap racks generally run 69 or 70mm. So yeah, you could fit 21 Paulsons or other thin chips in there.

But ideally you’d want racks that fit your chips, 20 per barrel, 100 per rack, snuggly. That makes counting chips at the end of the night easier.

Apache racks with lids (the Matsui "clones") fit minty paulsons 21 per rack. If they are worn, they'd fit 22. Lots of space in there. I bought little rubber drawer bumpers for my racks so my Paulsons fit more snug.

Apache racks with lids (the Matsui "clones") fit minty paulsons 21 per rack. If they are worn, they'd fit 22. Lots of space in there. I bought little rubber drawer bumpers for my racks so my Paulsons fit more snug.
This is my observation as well. I don't know if I buy the worn theory vs. sharp chips based on site unseen. I have a legit Paulson rack and those same chips fit like butter in it. In fact, one barrel is near mint and is a squeeze to fit into the Paulson rack but I see more wiggle room in the Apaches. In fact if I wanted to I could probably squeeze 1 more in the Apache for a super tight fit,

I'm not complaining, I like the racks due to the lids so it was just an observation, Think I'll also see into a rubber washer or sorts.

I didn’t use spacers but the fillers are nice for 39mm

You can see them zoomed in so the chips don’t wobble around
277CFE71-8B75-4AEC-8E7E-8AB7A5C88D78.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom