Apache Rack Review (1 Viewer)

I just ordered 13 of these. The price was just under $50….but the shipping was over $20!! Is this normal with this company? I think I shipped 1000 clay chips around that price a couple years ago!!
Unfortunately yes. They do have high shipping charges. But, on the plus side, I've never had a shipping issue with them. So I guess you get what you pay for.

Unfortunately yes. They do have high shipping charges. But, on the plus side, I've never had a shipping issue with them. So I guess you get what you pay for.
I order a lot of things from a lot of companies and rarely ever have any shipping issues. Shipping is usually free or reasonable. I would have expected about $7 max for a package like this….not 45% of the purchase price for a super lightweight item. I hate to say it but I’ll probably be avoiding this vendor.

I order a lot of things from a lot of companies and rarely ever have any shipping issues. Shipping is usually free or reasonable. I would have expected about $7 max for a package like this….45% of the purchase price for a super lightweight item. I hate to say it but I’ll probably be avoiding this vendor.
It's not the weight, it's the size of the box to ship 13 racks. Dimensions make a big difference.

It's not the weight, it's the size of the box to ship 13 racks. Dimensions make a big difference.
Ehhh….I get it …they are nice people and a supporter here but the shipping is absurd. I’ve had 100s of larger, heavier, and more awkward items ship for free. Just had a wheelset and front suspension for a mountain bike ship for free. Very large and awkward boxes.

Ehhh….I get it …they are nice people and a supporter here but the shipping is absurd. I’ve had 100s of larger, heavier, and more awkward items ship for free. Just had a wheelset and front suspension for a mountain bike ship for free. Very large and awkward boxes.

Well, you've heard this before, but nothing is really free. If a vendor ships for free, you're paying for it in other ways. No vendor can eat 100% of all shipping costs.

Also, what would be more acceptable? $10 for shipping? Yeah on paper that seems a lot better, but then is it okay if each of the racks is $0.76 more? You probably wouldn't care if they were, but that's where the extra shipping cost gets distributed.

Mentally, we hate paying for shipping because it's something intangible. Once the goods that you've already paid for have arrived, what have you paid for with respect to shipping? There's nothing to hold, nothing to use.

I think this is why lots of business models just offer free shipping and build the price into the goods. Look at Amazon. They offer free prime shipping on everything and most people don't even care about what the prices of the item that they're buying. It must be a good deal cuz you're getting free shipping right?

I get it but this is pretty extreme. For shits and giggles I put two racks in my cart and the shipping is the price of the two racks! I don’t think it’s the box size.
This is the same reason I won’t shop at Kardwell. I bought a few hard to obtain decks of cards and the shipping was almost as much as the cards…coming from one state away. BTW, the price of the cards were MSRP.

Also, what would be more acceptable? $10 for shipping? Yeah on paper that seems a lot better, but then is it okay if each of the racks is $0.76 more? You probably wouldn't care if they were, but that's where the extra shipping cost gets distributed.

Mentally, we hate paying for shipping because it's something intangible. Once the goods that you've already paid for have arrived, what have you paid for with respect to shipping? There's nothing to hold, nothing to use.

I think this is why lots of business models just offer free shipping and build the price into the goods. Look at Amazon. They offer free prime shipping on everything and most people don't even care about what the prices of the item that they're buying. It must be a good deal cuz you're getting free shipping right?
Except they are also charging way more the the products as well. For example, Kem cards are $35 on their site with $10.50 being the cheapest shipping option….so $45 total. You can find Kem cards many places for usually $25-$30 with free shipping. I’ve never spent more than $25 for them….with free shipping….like on Amazon right now per your example.
I appreciate what you are saying but your explanation doesn’t match the actual situation here. Its’s a hard case to defend.
I’d gladly spend a few extra bucks to support a good business but not almost double.

I don’t want to derail into a shipping cost conversion. I got these racks for a new set of custom 43mm ceramics. I’m hoping they fit a bird cage I already have.

Last edited:
Except they are also charging way more the the products as well. For example, Kem cards are $35 on their site with $10.50 being the cheapest shipping option….so $45 total. You can find Kem cards many places for usually $25-$30 with free shipping. I’ve never spent more than $25 for them….with free shipping….like on Amazon right now per your example.
I appreciate what you are saying but your explanation doesn’t match the actual situation here. Its’s a hard case to defend.
I’d gladly spend a few extra bucks to support a good business but not almost double.

I don’t want to derail into a herbal shipping cost conversion. I got these racks for a new set of custom 43mm ceramics. I’m hoping they fit a bird cage I already have.
Here are some measurements to help you see if they'll fit in yours:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/apache-rack-sale.70929/post-1435294

Yeah, they might have higher prices on some items. And then other items they might have great prices on. The racks that you bought are a fantastic deal. They solve a problem that only one other vendor has a really solved, and it's nearly impossible to buy their racks.

Here are some measurements to help you see if they'll fit in yours:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/apache-rack-sale.70929/post-1435294

Yeah, they might have higher prices on some items. And then other items they might have great prices on. The racks that you bought are a fantastic deal. They solve a problem that only one other vendor has a really solved, and it's nearly impossible to buy their racks.
Thanks! I just measure the case. Internal detentions are 9x7” give or take 1/32 of an inch. Internally the case measure a bit over 9 7/8” but the floor of the carrier is recessed about 1/8”. Hoping it’s good to go.
I do have an older cage that measure the same except 10 1/4” high. I could swap for that if height is an issue

I just ordered 13 of these. The price was just under $50….but the shipping was over $20!! Is this normal with this company? I think I shipped 1000 clay chips around that price a couple years ago!!
This isn’t a fair comparison. You’re comparing large and lightweight with small and heavy.

When I ordered 100, it was only a lil more than $20 for shipping with negotiated dimensional FedEx rate.
2D91BB05-A6CD-4C73-8F57-FE5DACC892C7.jpeg

This isn’t a fair comparison. You’re comparing large and lightweight with small and heavy.

When I ordered 100, it was only a lil more than $20 for shipping with negotiated dimensional FedEx rate.
View attachment 769032
I think you misread my post. I didn’t ship 100 chips, I shipped 1000…10x what you did for around $30. And being that racks aren’t significantly bigger than the chips they hold they take up basically the same space……but are FAR heavier. I’m actually comparing large and light to large and heavy. There is no way to spin this…their shipping is extremely high
BTW, the 1000 ASM clay chips were shipped from PA to Alaska!

Okay, if I missed it in here, my bad:

How high can you reasonably stack these bad boys? My OCD is getting the best of me and I’m either going to have to buy twice as many of the same chips or stack them all together.

Is 8-9 racks high okay?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom