Apache Poker Cases (1 Viewer)

sergiophil

Pair
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Apache case from harbor freight? Looking to get a more durable case for my 1,000 chip sets. I know pelican is good. Sams club off brand of pelican is good, but they are out of stock.

What do you guys think is more durable then the aluminum cases for 1,000 chip sets.

Does anyone recall the price points of each of these cases? I'll probably need one for ~500 chips at some point. Thanks.

I think that’s the same one I have and you don’t need foam, mine doesn’t travel though, maybe you’d want something on the top to protect the chips in the top racks.
If you are transporting 8 racks, there is no need to buy any foam...the racks fit snug. I just put a Padded Flat Rate Envelope in the lid, and it holds 43mm racks snug. With 39mm...add another envelope. Works great! Enough room with 43mm for 2 setup of cards...enough for more with the 39mm racks.

Last edited:
I prefer this SRA, only room for the 8 racks, nothing else.
E6BA8D7F-81E6-4B88-ACA8-B45E9C90E6CC.jpeg

If you are transporting 8 racks, there is no need to buy any foam...the racks fit snug. I just put a Padded Flat Rate Envelope in the lid, and it holds 43mm racks snug. With 39mm...add another envelope. Works great! Enough room with 43mm for 2 setup of cards...enough for more with the 39mm racks.

@jja412

Which model do you have (with a little spare room for cards, etc...?

I’m gonna go to harbor freight and buy couple of the Apache cases. I appreciate all the advice!

Just picked up the Apache 4800, and it's perfect for 1k chips with extras. I ended up putting racks upside down on top of the bottom layer of chips to help protect them and also boost the height a little bit. They stick up just the perfect amount to create a nice firm hold with the top foam, there is no movement when the case is closed. These cases are such a great value and a no-brainer for chip storage even if you don't plan on traveling with them much.

P1020530.JPG

P1020531.JPG

Just picked up the Apache 4800, and it's perfect for 1k chips with extras. I ended up putting racks upside down on top of the bottom layer of chips to help protect them and also boost the height a little bit. They stick up just the perfect amount to create a nice firm hold with the top foam, there is no movement when the case is closed. These cases are such a great value and a no-brainer for chip storage even if you don't plan on traveling with them much.

View attachment 416988

View attachment 416989
I’m more interested in the background items

View attachment 416988

View attachment 416989
39mm chips need the upside down racks to keep them in place. However, 43mm do not.

What're some thoughts on cases in general? Is it best to get a camera case and customize the foam inserts, or are there some good metal/aluminum cases?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom